1.5.1 Updates and some future plans

Today we'll be sending out 1.5.1 style updates to those with active licenses. This brings XenBase up-to-date with XenForo 1.5.1, addresses a few issues with the recently introduced Off-Canvas Menu along with some other minor bug fixes.

See the change-log and information about the Off-Canvas Menu improvements in the post below.

What are our plans here at Pixel Exit?

New Site
Over the past couple months we've been working on a brand new style for Pixel Exit. We don't have an exact date on when it will be ready but we're really excited to get it launched. Overall the whole goal of the re-design is to improve your experience on here. If you have a specific suggestion for our website please send me a message on here.

Style Re-visits
We started selling styles for Pixel Exit over two and a half years ago, I can say with full confidence we've come a long way since then. Over the past the year our focus has been on developing and improving XenBase which powers all of our premium styles. While we will continue to improve XenBase as we see fit we want to take some time going through each of our styles to touch them up as best as we can. The plan is to do showcases for each one where we actually document the changes we're making and explain the reasoning behind some of the bigger changes. If you want to give specific feedback or suggestions on a style feel free to post it here.

Flat Awesome +
I'll be launching a brand new style soon which is a premium version of our popular Flat Awesome. Stay tuned for that (y)

Thank you everyone.

Change-Log:

Fixed:
  • Closing span tag on New Posts Link
  • Stretch Nav option removes the border radius on the navigation now
  • Missing xbTabPopupArrow on Extra Tab added
  • Extra selector for help/profile sidebar links for easier styling
  • Off-Canvas Adjustments
  • Fixed login link in top bar
Removed:
  • Class on New Posts Link(was causing more clashes with 3rd party modifications than I would of liked)
Templates updated:
  • member_view.css
  • search_bar.css
  • PAGE_CONTAINER
  • navigation
  • xb_offcanvas_menu
  • xb_offcanvas_menu.css

Off-Canvas Menu Information

We approached the menu slightly different to help with various situations and performance overall. If you're Off-Canvas menu is not loading properly double check that the follow properties are not outdated (ACP Search):
  • xb_offcanvas_menu_mainlink
  • xb_offcanvas_menu_sublink
Or that the follow templates aren't outdated:
  • PAGE_CONTAINER
  • navigation
  • xb_offcanvas_menu
  • xb_offcanvas_menu.css

Awesome work as always Russ! The new site, will it be made with XenPorta 2? (I just heard you talking about XP2 & pixelexit a few months back)

As Fusion Gamer was the first style you released, a few modernized touches here and there will be very welcome :)

Awesome work as always Russ! The new site, will it be made with XenPorta 2? (I just heard you talking about XP2 & pixelexit a few months back)

As Fusion Gamer was the first style you released, a few modernized touches here and there will be very welcome :)
We'll probably still use a custome home page like we have now, although nothing is set in stone.

What's the current expected time-frame for the style re-visits?

They won't be done all at once, the plan is to start with the a mixture of the oldest/most popular styles and work our way down the list. Fusion Gamer is first on my list which I'll be starting the beginning of next week.

New Site
Over the past couple months we've been working on a brand new style for Pixel Exit. We don't have an exact date on when it will be ready but we're really excited to get it launched. Overall the whole goal of the re-design is to improve your experience on here. If you have a specific suggestion for our website please send me a message on here.
I really really REALLY REALLY hope it's the style I wanted in my design services. You know,like a white version of blackend(not blackend pro.) Also,you should make some kind of engine or software where you can make and edit the styles very easily based on the other themes you made where you get to select something such as the header bar or a button and change the color,add a texture image,change the effects,and whether it's 3D and shiny or not. If you do,all the work on that software would be worth how easy it will be making styles after you do. Then,you could add effects to styles like one I made in a xenforo demo more easily.

I would love to see a menu slider for user panel like the audentio themes. That's the only thing I'm really missing. The same like the navigation menu but for the userpanel as shown in this link

https://imgur.com/KqthdzL

KqthdzL.png

I would love to see a menu slider for user panel like the audentio themes. That's the only thing I'm really missing. The same like the navigation menu but for the userpanel as shown in this link

https://imgur.com/KqthdzL

KqthdzL.png
We've tested this and it seems to work great but decided against it for now, we kept it simple on purpose - at least for the time being ;)

Being able to access your convos and alerts immediately via the drop down as opposed to opening panel, browsing to that tab then clicking the alerts was ideal we felt. Not to say we won't ever do it but less clicks for things like that is a must I feel.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back