1.5.14 Style Updates

Hello everyone, we're pushing our 1.5.14 updates out today. Once you receive the email you'll be able to download it immediately with an active license via your license area.

This is a minor XenBase release that brings it up-to-date with XenForo 1.5.14 along with a few bug fixes. You must upgrade your forum to at least 1.5.14 to install this update.

BEFORE UPGRADING:
As always backup your current styles before importing the new version. Export your current:
  • XenBase
  • Parent Style (this would be the purchased style such as Core, Flat Awesome + ect)
  • Your child style with your edits

To upgrade the style check out our guide here: https://pixelexit.com/resources/general-style-upgrading.15/

COMMON PROBLEMS AND TROUBLESHOOTING:

If you're upgrading from 1.5.13 you should have no problems with this update. If you skipped over the 1.5.13 update please see this post: https://pixelexit.com/threads/1-5-13-style-updates.5208/ as it was a rather large update.

If you have other problems please don't hesitate to start a support ticket or post in our customer support forum.

CHANGES:

• ADJUSTED QuickSearch positions 4+5 to open as a normal navigation popup rather than having the search there.
  • UPDATED Outdated templates for XF + Media Gallery
  • FIXED Forum View node padding isue
  • FIXED Last Post Avatar issue
  • FIXED Quick Reply CSS when using Modern Post Layout
  • FIXED Moderator bar alert count was always set to white, now inherits the default Header and Navigation -> Alert Balloon
  • FIXED "NEW" Indicator in posts was always set to white, now inherits the default Header and Navigation -> Alert Balloon
  • FIXED "NEW" Indicator on each node was always set to white, now inherits the default Header and Navigation -> Alert Balloon
  • FIXED User Banners overlapping in responsive view
  • navigation
  • thread_view
  • xb_node.css
  • navigation_visitor_guest
  • navigation_visitor_tab
  • search_bar.css

Last edited by a moderator:
I am on XF 1.5.13 and EDGE 1.5.12. I am going to update to XF 1.5.14 and EDGE 1.5.14. Should I first update to EDGE 1.5.13, or it is okaty to jump to 1.5.14 from 1.5.12 (of EDGE) after I update my XF to 1.5.14?

I am on XF 1.5.13 and EDGE 1.5.12. I am going to update to XF 1.5.14 and EDGE 1.5.14. Should I first update to EDGE 1.5.13, or it is okaty to jump to 1.5.14 from 1.5.12 (of EDGE) after I update my XF to 1.5.14?
The way I have seen Russ explain it you would need to upgrade to 1.5.13 first since it's a pretty big update then upgrade to 1.5.14

You can jump versions, just make sure to read the 1.5.13 common problems in the announcement thread.

You can jump versions, just make sure to read the 1.5.13 common problems in the announcement thread.
Thanks @Russ. Just being over-cautious, can you please confirm if the following steps should be okay:

Currently I have XF 1.5.13, XB 1.5.12, EDGE 1.5.12

Update steps:
1. Update to XF 1.5.14
2. Update XB to 1.5.14 (e.g. skipping 1.5.13)
3. Update EDGE to 1.5.14 (e.g. skipping 1.5.13)

And yes, I have read the common issues in 1.5.13 threads, I just want to make sure skipping XB and EDGE 1.5.13 is not going to cause any issue.

Thanks @Russ. Just being over-cautious, can you please confirm if the following steps should be okay:

Currently I have XF 1.5.13, XB 1.5.12, EDGE 1.5.12

Update steps:
1. Update to XF 1.5.14
2. Update XB to 1.5.14 (e.g. skipping 1.5.13)
3. Update EDGE to 1.5.14 (e.g. skipping 1.5.13)

And yes, I have read the common issues in 1.5.13 threads, I just want to make sure skipping XB and EDGE 1.5.13 is not going to cause any issue.

Perfect (y), just export your styles prior to doing anything so you can revert back if you need too.

I did my very first XenForo upgrades tonight. First was upgrading XF and XFMG, then my styles. It went pretty smooth, but I was nervous as hell, since it was my first time. I did plenty of vB upgrades over 11 years. I can't say this was easier, but it certainly was faster. Next time will be easier (well, maybe not, if it's to upgrade to XF2) because I will know what to expect. But I had to read the instructions for everything like a half a dozen times before I did each step.

Done and it appears to be just as it should be. Thanks for a great product.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back