1.5.7 Style Updates

Hello everyone, we're currently pushing out our 1.5.7 updates. Once you receive the email you'll be able to download it immediately with an active license via your licenses area.

Before upgrading please make sure to take backups of your styles (XenBase, Purchased Style, and any child styles) before attempting updates. It is recommended to do some test imports so you can see what is affected!

https://pixelexit.com/resources/general-style-upgrading.15/

You will need to upload the new /xenbase/ folder to take advantage of the latest Font Awesome 4.6.0 if you use the local version

• FIXED User Panel Font Awesome Icons not showing up
  • FIXED Node Last Post Border-Radius
  • FIXED RTL Sidebar collapse
  • FIXED RTL Breadcrumb arrows
  • FIXED Moderator bar CSS loading for moderators with no content
  • FIXED Contact forms in overlays
  • FIXED User Panel FA Icons
  • FIXED Compatibility issue with Live Update showing duplicate alerts/convos
  • CHANGED User Panel setup, now uses the default navigation_visitor_tab template, new option added to remove the text
  • CHANGED Increased default account tab width causing an overflow
  • IMPROVED Modern Layout setup
  • ADDED Ability to show the Moderator Bar Text while using the Font Awesome icons, no option but you can add this in your extra.css to have an icon + text:
    Code:
    .XenBase .xbModText { display: inline-block; }
  • UPGRADED Font Awesome to 4.6.0, you can read about it here
  • REMOVED: The following templates as they are no longer needed: xb_user_panel_tabs, xb_visitortabs_fa, xb_node_layoutsZero, xb_node_layoutsOne, xb_node_layoutsOne.css, xb_node_layoutsTwo, xb_node_layoutsTwo.css, xb_node_layoutsThree, xb_node_layoutsThree.css

Templates updated:
  • moderator_bar
  • navigation_visitor_tab
  • xb_navigation.css
  • xb_node_layouts.css
  • xb_user_panel
  • xb_user_panel.css

Thank you, for any bugs please report them in the Bug Reports area.

Last edited:
It is for text that a mod write in a thread?

I've changed my wording on that :D

ADDED Ability to show the Moderator Bar Text while using the Font Awesome icons, no option but you can add this in your extra.css to have an icon + text:

Before it was... either all text, or only icons, now when you enable the font awesome icons in the moderator bar you can simply add that css to your extra.css file to achieve:

Screenshot_1.png

Nothing big, but we had a few requests to have both and we set it up like this on the visitor tabs/footer so why not here :D

And, perfect update for me. No problems today or outdated templates (y)

Awesome, I'm really happy with this release while it is small I managed to code the visitor tabs area in a far cleaner way.

Of course I did run into a minor bug this morning with the user panel :D, simple check box fix but I won't count that :D

I am using Core AND Blackened Pro (1.5.6), both based on XenBase. So if i upgrade now the Core and XenBase style to 1.5.7, will it affect Blackened Pro somehow negatively ?

I am using Core AND Blackened Pro (1.5.6), both based on XenBase. So if i upgrade now the Core and XenBase style to 1.5.7, will it affect Blackened Pro somehow negatively ?

Nope you'll be good. @Steve should be uploading the new uploads for the remaining styles shortly.

No need to upload style folder for this I suppose. I am using zipped.

We haven't sent out updates for 1.5.8 yet, but normally you never need to upload the style folder. We usually recommend uploading the xenbase folder because it will contain the new Font Awesome or updates to some of the JS files we use.

You typically don't need to wait on us to upgrade your forum. When you upgrade from 1.5.7 -> 1.5.8 it will show one outdated template (message) which you can use the merge system to update it. If the merge fails just use: https://pixelexit.com/threads/xenforo-1-5-8.3817/#post-22267

I'm knocking away and just about there for our release, it's a nice update :)
With the latest XFMG is showing 3 outdated templates with 1.5.8 fyi

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back