1.5 Updates - Off Canvas Menu and More!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Russ, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Russ

Russ Designer

We're always here to help so don't hesitate to ask for help no matter how small the question :)

2. W.D

W.D Customer

Thanks for the updates Russ and Steve, Everything worked fine apart from one issue on mobile with the Unread Post Count addon on Modest.

For some reason on mobile the class breaks and I don't have any idea why.

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]
    (It's not the logo as it did it with the pixelexit logo also.)

It didn't do it on the old version also so im thinking this might be a bug?

If you need links to check it just shout and i'll post a link to it. (Or just check my license it's that domain :p)

Thanks as always :)

Russ likes this.
  3. Russ

Russ Designer

Ya looking into a proper fix but for now you can edit the navigation:

Find:
    Code:
    Copy Source
    <xen:if is="@xb_offcanvas_menu_newposts"><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}" rel="nofollow" class="xbOffCanvasNew Tooltip" title="{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}"> <i class="fa fa-commenting fa-fw"></i><span>{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}<span></a></xen:if>

Replace the entire line with:
    Code:
    Copy Source
    <xen:if is="@xb_offcanvas_menu_newposts"><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}" rel="nofollow" class="xbOffCanvasNew"> <i class="fa fa-commenting fa-fw"></i><span>{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}</span></a></xen:if>

Side note too with the new mobile settings in regards to the logo make sure you have enough room for it, you can adjust the height: Style Properties -> Header and Navigation

W.D likes this.
  4. W.D

W.D Customer

Done works perfect now thanks. And thanks for the tip on the mobile logo missed that haha.

Russ likes this.
  5. Chase

Chase Registered

Sounds exciting. I can't wait to get my site/style updated.

6. Summit14

Summit14 Well-Known Member

On the off campus, I ma getting the mobile logo/header covering the breadcrumb. Any ideas?

7. Russ

Russ Designer

Frag Zone was slightly changed in this update. Make sure header/logo_block isn't outdated. Also upload logo_sm.png to your styles/fragzone/xenforo

Past that I can take a look live on the site via a support ticket.

Steve likes this.
  8. twisted_pepper

twisted_pepper Registered

Hello,
    Excellent changes - but having some issues.. Our links are now white meaning we can't see them from blue, templates are outdated and will not merge!
    Also, I can't seem to get the Off canvas menu working.
    It's enabled and tested on an iPhone and Nokia Lumia = nothing... Am I missing something?
    :(

9. twisted_pepper

Wait a sec, is it only available in XF 1.5? I've not updated yet as I am very cautious of doing so, as when I tried on my dev board, it blew the DB :p
    if so, then do I need to roll out the upgrade for it to work @Russ ?
    Thank you

10. Russ

Russ Designer

Yes we keep our releases in-line with XenForo's releases. Unfortunately 1.5 version of our styles wouldn't really work on a 1.4.x without problems.

Splash did this for some oddball reason, I need to look into it:

Check out Style Properties -> Message Elements -> ugcLink

Set a color there.

By default I don't have a color set there to it inherits from Style Properties -> Building Blocks -> Primary Content Link

Check both of those spots making sure it's not set to white.

twisted_pepper likes this.
  11. twisted_pepper

Fixed, thank you..
    Only issue I have is off canvas now.
    I'm guessing it's because I'm not on 1.5... blast.
    Thank you Russ, will see what I can do with regards to installing it.. (y)

PS, I love the spinning thumbs on 'likes' :)

12. Russ

Russ Designer

A client requested that and I had this site open so I just tested it out and left it :D.

CSS for it if you care for to do it:

Code:
    Copy Source
    .item.control.like:before
    {
       transition: all 0.2s linear;
    }
    .item.control.like:hover:before
    {
       transform:rotate(360deg);
    }

Regarding the off canvas it's not beause of you not being on 1.5, it's probably due to an outdated template. Sometimes when you upgrade the style first then upgrade XenForo it'll cause weird things with the templates.

You may need to just install XenBase + Splash + Custom style as a brand new style once you upgrade to 1.5

13. twisted_pepper

Fantastic! Thank you, it's all these little things that make huge differences.. ;)
    Okay will try again, I just cannot get it working, our user banners are flat and not curved/rounded either so I will need to redo those.
    Hmm gutted about the off canvas menu, I can guarantee it's down to template merges no doubt..
    But the damn things won't merge! Grrr.. these things are sent to try us!

Thanks for the CSS will add it, as I think that is well funky :D

14. Russ

Russ Designer

I can help just submit a ticket with a temp admin login with appearance access :), do it after you get all sorted with the 1.5 XF upgrade.

15. twisted_pepper

Ah thank you so much Russ.!!
    Will do when I sort 1.5 out :eek: :ninja:

Russ likes this.
  16. twisted_pepper

So sorry @Russ I am plaguing you now.. Sorry...
    In the member cards we have a verification system, it was clear and now since the update it's a dark blue.
    I cannot recall how I changed the colours.. Could you possibly tell me where to edit this please as I can't remember.. sorry :facepalm::facepalm:

Code:
    Copy Source
    XenBase .userBanner.bannerStaff {
        background: #234a71 none repeat scroll 0 0;
        border: 0 none;
        color: #fff;

17. Russ

Russ Designer

Can you submit a ticket by chance so we can take a closer look?

18. twisted_pepper

Okay thank you.. I will screenshot what I mean too so you know what I am on about.

Let's work together on your next project

Contact us today to talk about how we can help you