Style updates 2.0.6 & 1.5.20 Style Updates

Hello everyone, we're pushing our 2.0.6 & 1.5.20 updates out today. Once you receive the email you'll be able to download it immediately with an active license via your license area.

This is a minor style release primarily focusing on the newly implemented GDPR changes. You must upgrade your forum to at least 2.0.6 or 1.5.20 (depending on the version you're running) to install this update.

BEFORE UPGRADING:
As always backup your current styles before importing the new version. Export your current styles WITHOUT checking the box "Export as independent style". You should be exporting:

• Parent Style (this would be the purchased style such as Core, Flat Awesome + etc and also XenBase for version 1.5.20)
  • Your child style with your edits

UPGRADING:
To upgrade the style check out our guide here: https://pixelexit.com/manual/xb1.html#upgrading
For XF2 we're still writing the documentation for upgrading, but you can use the above steps just skip steps 3 & 4.

COMMON PROBLEMS AND TROUBLESHOOTING:
If you have problems or questions prior to upgrading please don't hesitate to start a support ticket or post in our customer support forum.

CHANGES:

• GDPR Support
  • Changes to certain div helpers for 2.0.6

Just a heads up the updates are still going out today just a bit later, been tied up with something.

I'm running XF 2.0.7, and I'm showing a outdated template for message_macros. Should I merge or wait for another update?

We had an update planned but now XF apparently has another update planned this week so we will wait for that.

Merge for now, if it needs to be done manually:

2.0.6: Template: message_macros find:
Code:
                    <xf:if is="$extras.location && $user.Profile.location">
                        <dl class="pairs pairs--justified">
                            <dt><xf:if is="property('xbMessageUserIcons')"><i class="fa fa-map fa-fw" data-xf-init="tooltip" title="{{ phrase('location') }}"></i> <xf:else />{{ phrase('location') }}</xf:if></dt>
                            <dd><a href="{{ link('misc/location-info', '', {'location': $user.Profile.location}) }}" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" class="u-concealed">{$user.Profile.location}</a></dd>
                        </dl>
                    </xf:if>

Replace with:

Code:
                    <xf:if is="$extras.location && $user.Profile.location">
                        <dl class="pairs pairs--justified">
                            <dt><xf:if is="property('xbMessageUserIcons')"><i class="fa fa-map fa-fw" data-xf-init="tooltip" title="{{ phrase('location') }}"></i> <xf:else />{{ phrase('location') }}</xf:if></dt>
                            <dd>
                                <xf:if is="$xf.options.geoLocationUrl">
                                    <a href="{{ link('misc/location-info', '', {'location': $user.Profile.location}) }}" rel="nofollow noreferrer" target="_blank" class="u-concealed">{$user.Profile.location}</a>
                                <xf:else />
                                    {$user.Profile.location}
                            </dd>
                        </dl>

For 1.5.20 Styles:

Template: message_user_info

Find:
Code:
                <xen:if is="@messageShowLocation AND {$user.location}">
                    <dl class="pairsJustified xbLocation">
                        <dt><xen:if is="@xb_fa_messageUserInfo"><i class="fa fa-map-marker fa-fw Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase location}" data-offsetX="-6" data-offsetY="0"></i><xen:else />{xen:phrase location}:</xen:if></dt>
                        <dd><a href="{xen:link 'misc/location-info', '', 'location={xen:string censor, $user.location, '-'}'}" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" itemprop="address" class="concealed">{xen:string censor, $user.location}</a></dd>
                    </dl>
                </xen:if>

Replace with:
Code:
                <xen:if is="@messageShowLocation AND {$user.location}">
                    <dl class="pairsJustified">
                        <dt><xen:if is="@xb_fa_messageUserInfo"><i class="fa fa-map fa-fw Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase location}" data-offsetX="-6" data-offsetY="0"></i><xen:else />{xen:phrase location}:</xen:if></dt>
                        <dd>
                            <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.geoLocationUrl}">
                                <a href="{xen:link 'misc/location-info', '', 'location={xen:string censor, $user.location, '-'}'}" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer" itemprop="address" class="concealed">{xen:string censor, $user.location}</a>
                            <xen:else />
                                {xen:string censor, $user.location}
                        </dd>
                    </dl>

Public.css no changes required, open, click SAVE AND EXIT.

Last edited:
Russ said he had an update planned for 2.0.6 but he is now holding off since XF is releasing 2.0.7

I seen a post by Chris on XF.com that an update may be around 4 weeks away. We’ll see about getting things packaged for a release.

I'm on 1.5.21, and these are the outdated templates showing:
outdated_templated.PNG

Should I merge the changes?

I'm on 1.5.21, and these are the outdated templates showing:
View attachment 8092
Should I merge the changes?

It's a little annoying but try importing that exact same as a new style instead of overwriting. From there you'll only show these templates outdated: https://pixelexit.com/threads/2-0-6-1-5-20-style-updates.6347/#post-39478 which you can easily fix. I believe there's a bug with XenForo at the moment that's not updating the template versions when importing and overwriting. I have a bug reported to XF but still outstanding at the moment.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back