1. This forum is dedicated to suggestions for our free & premium styles for XenForo. If you need to post a bug relating to XenBase or a style please use this forum for reporting bugs or this forum for style support. Alternatively you may submit a ticket here.

Ability to offload files to CDN

Discussion in 'Resolved Suggestions' started by Fayettemat, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Fayettemat

Fayettemat New Member

I noticed that some of your things (ex images) are off loadable to a CDN or the like, however, I see that stuff JavaScript files don't seem to be. Any way to enable this?

2. Steve

Steve Designer

We've discussed moving some JS to files but the main hurdle there is style property settings which are not possible currently with how the framework is setup without moving it to an add-on then calling our functions that way. It would require a fairly significant rewrite. It is something we are looking at doing for future XF major versions though.

3. Steve

Steve Designer

I misunderstood your post after thinking about it more. If you are talking about the JS files for backstretch and sticky sidebar those were hard coded in the template, if you want to move them you can simply edit the call for each in the templates. Don't have it in front of me but I think PAGE_CONTAINER is it.

Fayettemat likes this.
  4. Fayettemat

Fayettemat New Member

I'll look now and let you know :)

5. Fayettemat

Fayettemat New Member

The file is in xb_js_body and it's under the following if statement:
    PHP:
    Copy Source
    <xen:if is="@xb_enabledbackstretch">
    Thank you for the starting point and pointing out where to look for the file. I just traced the includes from there till I found it.

Russ likes this.
  6. Russ

Russ Designer

Only external js files are that one and the sticky mojo (sticky sidebar). We did this intentionally so we just had to update files in XenBase rather than keeping track of every single style folder.

Fayettemat likes this.
  7. Russ

Russ Designer

Just so you know the next release of XenBase 1.5.1.1 or 1.5.2 (whichever we call it) will give you the ability to set the location for the backstretch JS + the sticky sidebar JS file. You technically can do it for the sticky sidebar already but you'll be able to do the same with the backstretch going forward.

Fayettemat likes this.