1. This forum is dedicated to suggestions for our free & premium styles for XenForo. If you need to post a bug relating to XenBase or a style please use this forum for reporting bugs or this forum for style support. Alternatively you may submit a ticket here.

Add a global new post button to XenBase

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Alfa1, May 21, 2017.

1. Alfa1

Alfa1 Customer

A global new post button is essential for navigation and the function also ties into the offcanvas menu.
    Please add this to xenbase.

2. Steve

Steve Designer

We do have a "top bar" option with a dedicated New Posts link just as a FYI :)

Suggestion noted though.

Alfa1 likes this.
  3. Alfa1

Alfa1 Customer

I mean a global button to post a new thread/resource/media.

4. Steve

Steve Designer

Ah I see. Do none of the current add-ons work for you?

5. Alfa1

Alfa1 Customer

No, AFAIK there are no good addon for this. There is a buggy addon by themehouse which has many problems. It appears several times on widget pages.I just tried again and had 3 buttons on the same page. Now after saving the options a few times, removing the widget and restricting the function to forum only, I was able to reduce it to 2 buttons alongside. After some more refreshing I have only one. But I expect it may be gone later.

6. Russ

Russ Designer

Unfortunately stuff like this requires an add-on. XenBase being just a style we can't expose certain things in it.

Alfa1 likes this.
  7. bt012ss

bt012ss Customer

8. Alfa1

Alfa1 Customer

Yes, I know that one. It offers a new thread button on forum index only.