tipmoose

Registered
For styles like FusionGamer that allow changing background images, it would be nice to not be limited to five hard coded images in the settings.

I would like to see the settings ask for a *folder* (ex. /background images/) and then cycle through all image files that are placed in that folder.

While I agree the suggestion would be nice it's not something that'd be possible in the style itself.

That being said we offer an "advanced setup" option which basically lets you configure your own backstretch.

Screenshot_6.png

Code:
$.backstretch([
    "@xf-xbStyleFolder/xenforo/sources/purpbg.jpg",
    "@xf-xbStyleFolder/xenforo/sources/bluebg.jpg",
    "@xf-xbStyleFolder/xenforo/sources/orangebg.jpg",
    "@xf-xbStyleFolder/xenforo/sources/greybg.jpg"  
  ], {duration: 4000, fade: 1000});

You can add as many options as you want here. You can see a full list here:

https://github.com/jquery-backstretch/jquery-backstretch

The biggest thing to note in my code above, every line has a: , at the end except the last line, that's how it should be just as a heads up.

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain that to me and give me a solution. This is how I get in trouble by not knowing what is possible and what is not. I'm used to being able to do pretty much whatever I want in C# or C++. Thanks again.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back