afrikaansprodigy

Registered
I was wondering how I edit the "Animated Online Marker" and make it show up on my forum? I made sure the checkbox was checked, but when I go to a forum post there is nothing visible. Is there something else I need to edit that I might be missing?

4f6a2fa5c5e74ae0a114b68d2642b20c.png

Did you install a child style under the Gamer Time style? All of your edits should be placed inside a child style. The screenshot shows you're editing Gamer Time (DO NOT EDIT) :D

Did you install a child style under the Gamer Time style? All of your edits should be placed inside a child style. The screenshot shows you're editing Gamer Time (DO NOT EDIT) :D

Thanks for the quick reply! And I thought that you install the XenBase style (this was your parent style) and then you add a child style to that (gamertime that I showed there which is the child style). I am quite new to Xenforo myself so I'm sorry if I was mistaken lol. Do I have to upload both of them and then create a 3rd style (or second under Gamertime) for that to take effect?

Final step is to go to: Appearance -> Create Style ->

Name it whatever you want, and make it a child of Gamer Time.

This way when you upgrade all of your changes will be kept inside the child style. When you upgrade you'll import and overwrite XenBase, followed by Gamer Time. Any edits you do to Gamer Time would be lost if they aren't in a child.

Final step is to go to: Appearance -> Create Style ->

Name it whatever you want, and make it a child of Gamer Time.

This way when you upgrade all of your changes will be kept inside the child style. When you upgrade you'll import and overwrite XenBase, followed by Gamer Time. Any edits you do to Gamer Time would be lost if they aren't in a child.

Oh ok I understand that now. So basically once an upgrade is done to XenBase and Gamer Time it would reset all the changes in the templates/properties? Hence creating the child of Gamer Time?

Ok so I imported the child style and made sure all the changes I needed made were made and the online indicator is still not showing up even though it is checked like the image above. Is there something else I need to do in the CSS or anything?

Would you be able to start a support ticket with an admin login so I can take a look.

Oh ok I understand that now. So basically once an upgrade is done to XenBase and Gamer Time it would reset all the changes in the templates/properties? Hence creating the child of Gamer Time?

Yep :), this way anything you change in your child style will be kept on upgrades.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back