Any new styles coming up soon?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chojo, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Art

Art Registered

Really looking forward to new looks and feels. :)

2. chojo

chojo Well-Known Member

Courage Russ, almost done :D

3. chojo

chojo Well-Known Member

Good morning Russ,
    Is there some complications with the theme? Sorry for the bump, just in search of info 1 month later.

Have a great day sir

4. Russ

Russ Designer

Just me nitpicking at certain things along with lack of time. If you want to give it a run this weekend I can get it to you :). The style has changed a little, I'm currently going through making sure it works with our XenBase options to the best of my ability but here's the latest preview.

edge.png

5. chojo

chojo Well-Known Member

Very nice, I think this theme is gonna have good sales. Can't wait to try it!

6. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Customer

But is there going to be a Flat Awesome+ 2.0?

7. Russ

Russ Designer

2.0 is a brand new system so all of the styles will be considered new. As for which ones we "remaster" time will tell on that.

CarpCharacin likes this.
  8. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Customer

What will happen to people that still have valid licenses for styles that you don't remaster for XF 2.0?

9. nome

nome Well-Known Member

They can choose:
    Use the current style with XF 1
    Buy a new style which is remastered for XF 2.

10. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Customer

What do you mean by remastered? Couldn't they just release it as Flat Awesome 2.0.0?

11. nome

nome Well-Known Member

I hope you meant rewrite.
    No, they can't without rewriting it.

12. Steve

Steve Designer

Our approach for XF2 isn't set in stone of course but we do have a framework to rewrite, hopefully with new features and less of the none essential things.

I know of a few styles that are a bit dated looking but we'll cross that road when we get there. Obviously we'd like to do things as fast as possible but it will take time and I think it is quite early for you guys to worry about it. :)

CarpCharacin likes this.
  13. Steve

Steve Designer

The license you purchased was for the XF1 series of forum software. We haven't really discussed much for XF2 styles and how the pricing will work out but we'll make sure to provide some type of discount I'm sure.

CarpCharacin likes this.
  14. chojo

chojo Well-Known Member

15. bosss

bosss Well-Known Member

Discount or not - for me is ok both solutions because Your support is worth much more than discount.

Alfa1, Steve, Russ and 1 other person like this.
  16. creaky

creaky Customer

Any closer to releasing this yet?

17. Russ

Russ Designer

And.... we're here :D. I'm releasing this as a "Beta", essentially there may be a few options in XenBase that aren't working completely solid yet but I wanted to get it out to those who want to test it. Additionally the final release will include custom styles out of the box with various design setups.

Purchase:
    https://pixelexit.com/products/edge.30/

Beta:
    https://pixelexit.com/demo/?theme=Edge

18. Alfa1

Alfa1 Customer

On desktop I immediately hit Ctrl + 0 after opening the page. Only to realize that its the style, not my zoom settings.

19. Russ

Russ Designer

It's using larger font and wider spacers than normal :), both of which can be controlled via some style properties:

Screenshot_11.png

Alfa1 likes this.
  20. chojo

chojo Well-Known Member

I get an error when I try to access the purchase page of Edge.

Also, since it's a BETA right now, if I buy it right now, do the support (and update) period start at the purchase or when the theme is fully released?

Let's work together on your next project

Contact us today to talk about how we can help you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.