greenchicken

Registered
Love your work and I am ready to buy Apex...

Collapsible sidebar question

Can this be set by usergroup or will everyone be able to collapse it?

Thanks

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
This can be easily set to be configurable per user group by wrapping the icon in a conditional :).

greenchicken

Registered
This can be easily set to be configurable per user group by wrapping the icon in a conditional :).
You don't have that conditional for say usergroup 7 and where to put it do you?
I would like to give my paying members an option to get it out of the way as an option...
Thanks for the help, and the quality skins at great prices. I have been doing this since about 2001 and this is the most satisfied I have ever been with a style/skin (former vb user)

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
Appreciate it :)

Here's a list of conditionals:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/conditional-statements.1604/

What you can do is... open the template: rreadcrumb

do a search for:
Code:
<xen:if is="@xb_enable_collapsesidebar">
replace with:

Code:
<xen:if is="@xb_enable_collapsesidebar AND {xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 7}">
Make sure all these changes you're putting in are a child style of Apex too so you don't lose any customizations when upgrading!

greenchicken

Registered
WOW that worked wonderful ...
You made a slight error as you added an extra space behind the comma and 7 (for reference)
Code:
<xen:if is="@xb_enable_collapsesidebar AND {xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 7}">
It should be
Code:
<xen:if is="@xb_enable_collapsesidebar AND {xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor,7}">
and the name of the template is breadcrumb

I figured it out...
Thanks so much for the help

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
Ah nice :), that space is on the official resource so I left it in there heh. Glad it's working for you. Let me know if you need anything else.

greenchicken

Registered
This works better than forcing a usergroup to a style like we were talking about over there.. And it makes my mods happy too since they can collapse it now by adding multiple usergroup id's

Thanks

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.