Redh

Registered
Hey @Russ! I'm just getting around to upgrading my forums to Xenforo 2. So much to relearn!

1. I've run into the same problem as I did with version 1 with the header image / logo areas. I've tried replicating what you did last time, but I'm not having any success. Is there any chance I could PM you my login details for you to take a look again?

2. Also related to the navigation, I can't seem to get the gradient to work in the top navigation bar: The left part of this image is from XF1, the right part is from XF2.

nav_grad.png

3. On another note, the Core style has lost something which I thought brought it a bit of colour - the little coloured box before the node / widget titles. Is there an easy way to re-add these? This is from Core 1:

box_style.png

4. Finally (for now I'm sure!) the new top buttons (New posts and Post Thread) seem totally pointless on the forumhome page. Do you know of an easy way to remove them without a template edit? I'm aware of this add-on, but I fear it will also remove the toggle sidebar button which is no longer listed at the bottom of the page too.

top_buttons.png

Ok, ok - a FREE bonus question: Is there a way to remove the function to post a new thread from directly above the topic lists? I don't like it, and prefer to just click the shiny and reliable "Post thread" button! This is what I'm talking about:

new thread.png

Many thanks for any help, and congrats on a successful transition to XF2 styles - I honestly wouldn't have considered going anywhere else :)

1.) PM Away :)

2.) Stick the gradient inside: Style Properties -> Header and navigation -> Navigation row - selected tab -> Extra (box bottom right)

3.) Try this in extra.less:

Code:
.p-body-sidebar .block-minorHeader:before {
    border-left: 9px solid #2E88BB;
    content: "";
    display: inline;
    margin-right: 5px;
}

4.) This will hide just those buttons, leaving the collapse sidebar (this button may actually move, we're discussing it internally now).
Code:
[data-template="forum_list"] .p-title-pageAction a.button {
    display: none;
}

5.) This would probably hide it:

Code:
[data-template="forum_view"] [data-focus-activate-target=".js-quickThreadFields"] {
    display: none !important;
}

Thank you :) let me know if you have any other questions.

Many thanks for the quick reply! 3, 4 and 5 worked perfectly and that code is useful to know. 2 I'll need to dig around a little for the gradient configuration, but at least I know where to look now.

I'll send you a PM shortly - thanks again, much appreciated!

Hey,

I noticed a problem with the navigation on medium / tablet displays:

med_header.jpg

I will use 6 tabs when the upgrades are complete, so this will get worse for me. Ideally rather than the scroll arrows appearing, the tabs would just disappear from right to left.

Not at all - you already go above and beyond, I don't expect you to fix problems that are XenForo's responsibility. I should have checked before posting, it does this on the default skin too. Amazed that this was let through!

med_header2.jpg

Now let's see if their support replies within two minutes like you did :D

I'd just keep your expectations low, if you notice they use the scrolling bits around the forum now. For any tabs (what's new page) also use it.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back