cannabis ape

Registered
Been checking and comparing this for the past hour, I am not digging XF2 insert image option.

I want it to be like yours and other 1x forums when you click the image icon in the editor.

As you know with 2x it also shows an drop image option and I already know newbies will use this nonstop filling my server with garbage . Find itpretty stupid they didn't build in an option to just disable that so I'm hoping you have a fix.

What also really annoys me, which genius at xenforo came up with this when you click your uploaded photo:
ugh.png

This makes it too easy for newbies to add affiliate link crap without them needing to do it in BB code so if I could hide that without something else effected that would be great.

Last but not least is when you drag a photo in the text area on your site and other 1x it shows as attachment but in 2x it also directly ads the photo in the text area.

But yeah, basically I would wish it would all be like 1x but not sure what the possibilities are.

Unfortunately, I think the majority of what you're wanting would require some sort of plugin.

I personally think the 2.x route makes sense, the toolbar is meant to edit content inside the post itself, so if you click the image button it'll insert it into the post. "Attaching" it will do just that, attach it to the post.

To disable the menu, I suppose you could add this to your extra.less:

Code:
.fr-wrapper img {
    pointer-events: none;
}

I think it disables the popup on all images (for everyone).

Unfortunately, I think the majority of what you're wanting would require some sort of plugin.

I personally think the 2.x route makes sense, the toolbar is meant to edit content inside the post itself, so if you click the image button it'll insert it into the post. "Attaching" it will do just that, attach it to the post.

To disable the menu, I suppose you could add this to your extra.less:

Code:
.fr-wrapper img {
    pointer-events: none;
}

I think it disables the popup on all images (for everyone).
I think you got me wrong. But maybe I can at least achieve this.

Remove the drop photo here completely and it shows this popup directly?

Also I've been searching where to find the text from this placeholder. I still don't get how I find out where to find where I change this.

When I do inspect element I can change that HTML to what I want but I can never figure out where that HTML is within the dashboard.

bb2.png

I think you got me wrong. But maybe I can at least achieve this.

Remove the drop photo here completely and it shows this popup directly?

Also I've been searching where to find the text from this placeholder. I still don't get how I find out where to find where I change this.

When I do inspect element I can change that HTML to what I want but I can never figure out where that HTML is within the dashboard.

View attachment 8405

My code I gave you was because you said this:

This makes it too easy for newbies to add affiliate link crap without them needing to do it in BB code so if I could hide that without something else effected that would be great.

The other items I believe you'd need a plugin to modify the functionality with how you want it.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back