Tracy Perry

Customer
Thanks to @Steve going out of his way to help solve this.
If you happen to use Better Blogs with xenFoogle Pro you will find that you have two "Create Entry" buttons present.
The simple solution is to include in EXTRA.css (or define an include for a separate template in EXTRA.css that includes your special add-on CSS edits) the following code:
Code:
/* Better Blogs by Rigel */
.xfa_blog_list  aside .topCtrl, .xfa_blog_index  aside .topCtrl, .xfa_blog_home  aside .topCtrl
{
    display: none;
}

.titleBar .topCtrl
{
    margin-top: -25px;
}
Result - you no longer have two buttons. The _home was the original one we found, but after playing around I found that you had to add _index and _list there also. So far those are the only additional ones I have found. If I find more, I will update this post.

I've noticed the Better Blogs breaks the message layout in xenFoogle. Not sure exactly why except the blog image he places in the user info area.
Just noticed that. Hmmm... if you don't have Better Blogs installed and want to play around with it, you still have Administrator access to my forum. You can make a child style off of either the xenFoogle or my Just Say Apple and play with it. Just set it so that it's not selectable and not the default.

It can be fixed in the xenBase_style.css with
Code:
.messageUserBlock .arrow
{
    border-color: transparent @messageInfo.border-color transparent transparent !important;
    border-style: solid solid solid none !important;
    border-width: 0px 18px 15px medium !important;
    right: -14px !important;
    top: 45px !important;
}
. I'm not sure exactly how you could check, but it's using a class .blogIndicatorContainer to define it if the option is enabled and if it is not enabled then it doesn't place that class there.

You should overwrite that in EXTRA.css so it isn't overwritten on upgrades. I will prob leave this as is for the moment unless I get a lot of complaints with compatibility, but that is bad placement if you ask me on the devs side.

You should overwrite that in EXTRA.css so it isn't overwritten on upgrades. I will prob leave this as is for the moment unless I get a lot of complaints with compatibility, but that is bad placement if you ask me on the devs side.
Agreed. I have it in my jsa_custom.css template. I'd mention it to him - but honestly I'm not THAT familiar with making a style. I can customize an existing one - and figure out where to do it at, but when it comes down to creating something like this I'm not there yet. :banghead:

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back