BlackEnd Pro bug when typing on an iPad

Discussion in 'Closed Reports' started by dvsDave, Apr 20, 2015.

1. dvsDave

dvsDave Registered

Before submitting a bug report we usually recommend trying to replicate the problem on a default XenForo style(if applicable) to eliminate the possibility of it being a bug related to our styles.

Website address(optional): http://www.controlbooth.com/
    Bug Report Details:

We've got this theme in testing, one of my users can't see what he's typing If he slides from no tabs to tabs on his iPad.

ipad_bug_1.jpg ipad_bug_2.jpg

2. Steve

Steve Designer

Not sure what you mean by "slides" tabs..Can you explain a little more so I can try and replicate the problem? Also it seems you have edited the style properties for the message layout, can you also confirm the issue on an unedited BlackEnd Pro style?

3. dvsDave

dvsDave Registered

I've asked the user to check this on BlackEnd Pro (instead of our customized child of blackend pro) I've set the blackend pro theme to the same layout (default=0) but other than that, it's unedited. I don't have an iPad so I'll have to wait for his report.

4. dvsDave

dvsDave Registered

The user said its the same on the default blackend pro. In lasndscape mode on an iPad, you simply cannot see the top of the text entry box for replying to a post. It's even worse if you slide your finger down from the top of the iPad so you can see the browser tabs (even hiding them doesn't help much)

ipad_bug_3.jpg

I've asked him to send me a screenshot in portrait mode as well.

5. Steve

Steve Designer

Need to see what version of iOS they are using, I registere on your site and cannot reproduce it on my iPad. The sticky navigation gets disabled when the editor is focused for me, and reappears as it should.

Also, on the Blackend Pro style on your site the editor is all out of whack for me.

image.jpg

6. dvsDave

dvsDave Registered

7. Russ

Russ Designer

I'll be honest there's really no need for that plugin on our styles, we already utilize the font awesome icons by default on the editor, unless you're going for it due to the group permissions.

8. Steve

Steve Designer

It's definitely related to the chrome browser for iOS. Not sure I can debug it as I don't have the tools available to me to do so, like a MAC computer.

We can give a guide so people can choose whether to use the floating nav or not. If that would be an option you would want to use that is.

https://pixelexit.com/resources/turn-floating-nav-into-a-user-option.4/

Either way I'll keep trying, in the mean time you can ask them to use Safari.

9. Steve

Steve Designer

I haven't been able to reproduce this at all and think it is dependent on the iOS version. Best bet is to let your users know that newer versions of iOS perform better. This isn't likely just related to this style either as I remember a few reports on XF.com about the same thing. Marking this cannot reproduce.

Let's work together on your next project

Contact us today to talk about how we can help you