Tracy Perry

Customer
Pretty sure I worked my style off the original Bolt that I downloaded here (not the test version you gave me), but I got this during upgrade.

Screen Shot 2023-05-16 at 12.24.24 PM.png

I went ahead and did the skip import checks... and am testing to see if it is OK.

Can you post a screenshot of your style structure? Typically you only need to upgrade the PARENT DO NOT EDIT style, none of the child styles.

Can you post a screenshot of your style structure? Typically you only need to upgrade the PARENT DO NOT EDIT style, none of the child styles.
I upgraded both the Standard Bolt, and then the Bolt dark...that is probably going to be the issue then. I'm guessing that the Bolt and the Bolt Dark are two separate styles, and Bolt (normal) includes the dark?

I upgraded both the Standard Bolt, and then the Bolt dark...that is probably going to be the issue then. I'm guessing that the Bolt and the Bolt Dark are two separate styles, and Bolt (normal) includes the dark?

Complicated, and I hope to clean this up in 2.3 with their new dark style (however they do it).

Bolt Dark PARENT DO NOT EDIT is really meant if you want to only run the Dark style.

If you're running both light + dark, the setup would be like this:
Bolt PARENT DO NOT EDIT
- Child style
-- Dark style

Then on upgrades, you'll only update Bolt PARENT DO NOT EDIT.

Your setup isn't technically wrong, but on upgrades you'll want to only upgrade the parent style. All of the updates trickle down.

I'd make it like this though:

• Bolt (Parent DO NOT EDIT)
    • Astro (Light)
      • Astro (Dark)
Astro(dark) being Bolt Dark imported as a child style of Astro (Light). It's important to note "Bolt Dark" is not the same as "Bolt Dark (Parent DO NOT EDIT). You downloaded Bolt Dark which is a child style found here:
1684258556501.png

This setup I recommend makes it so you put all your edits into Astro (light), they trickle down to the dark style.

You can still edit the dark style, but if done properly you shouldn't really need too.

I hope that helps... again it's a bit complicated with all the setups and it's probably one of my big regrets when I took this approach. A lot of people just wanted certain setups and I thought this was the most flexible in the beginning.

That was what it was.. I downloaded the child style for dark and then did my customizations off of it as I like having a known base dark and then tweak from that. Makes it easier if I screw something up as I can spin up another child style off of the default dark child style and move stuff over from my messed up version.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back