Davey

Registered
Sorry to be bothering you again.
Just wondering if there was a code edit to show all categories as collapsed to all users when arriving at the forum page?
We have quite a few nodes and the page is getting quite over powering and possibly confusing.
Cheers

I'd need to dig around on how to do it, I'm not sure of a clean way with this one. May need to edit a template.

One thing while I look for it, maybe consider using Prefix's and fewer nodes, I've done that on plenty of forums in the past where it works out better.

Prefixes. Never thought of that. Upto members to choose a related topic. Is that how you mean?
No rush on the categories, but would be nice to know.
Cheers for the idea.

Prefixes. Never thought of that. Upto members to choose a related topic. Is that how you mean?
No rush on the categories, but would be nice to know.
Cheers for the idea.

Yep for example, say you run a health forum,

Instead of:

• Nutrition (category)
    • Losing weight (forum)
    • Gaining weight (forum)
    • Recipes (forum)
    • Keto (forum)
    • Paleo (forum)
    • Vegan (forum)
  • Fitness (category)
    • Running (forum)
    • Home gym (forum)
    • Bodybuilding (forum)
    • Crossfit (forum)

You could turn it into:

• Health (category)
    • Nutrition (with all of the prefixes that were nodes above)
    • Fitness (with all of the prefixes that were nodes above)
Just an idea, people overlook Prefixes far too much and they're great :D

Did you ever look in to the collapsed categories option Russ? I'm thinking of doing a bit of adjustment with the look of the site and remembered this thread.

I have an update coming that provides a bug fix with all of our collapse elements. I believe with this update you should be able to simply reverse the conditional to make it so all nodes are collapsed by default. Once the update pushes out just bump this back if I don't respond.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back