Everyone I know of logs out then comes back and logs back in. Even if I click on Stay Logged in, close the browser and come back later, the collapsed categories are not collapsed any more.
What question I had from a user is "What good is a user selectable option to collapse the categories if that does not stay as set?"

To me it's kinda like a user selects a different style other than default. Goes away, comes back and what ever settings and changes they have made have reverted to default.

you said you had to log back in which means cookies were deleted.
SO what you're saying is that all cookies generated by this style settings are not saved and deleted when a user logs out?
Is there no way it can be set to save a users settings so when they return later it is the same as when he left it?

I'll have to review our code again but I'm pretty sure it works on XenForo's cookie. In order to save the display of collapsed or not would mean setting a different cookie or store it in the fb which the latter isn't possible with just a style.

I'm away from my PC at the moment but can review it later.

Sorry for the issues we'll try to figure something out.

Thanks Steve, tried it and it causes problems with the style. Doesn't show the collapse icon and what is worse it changes the category bar to white.
It may be great for other styles and default but I'm won't be using that with Blackend.

Well it is going to take a good bit more digging, for whatever reason when you hit log out in XF it is wiping all cookies form the domain including ours that we set for XenBase. I'm going to say at this point it isn't doable unless there is some sort of database record of how the user has that set and like I said that is beyond the scope of a style.

The add-on is used at The Admin Zone and just needs tweaked to make it look right but if you don't want the extra options I'm not sure what to say until I investigate the cookie thing more.

Thanks Steve for looking into this. If it's beyond the scope of a style then so be it. I understand little of how this all works, just that it works thanks to your knowledgeable skills so I'll leave it in your capable hands. I know you're busy and all and as I don't see this as a priority issue, please carry on with the important stuff first and thanks for your time and help. :)

:D - dont mind the low quality its a simple capture program lol..
categories.gif

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back