Do you start with a brand new style or port an existing style first

abdfahim

Registered
I think I saw it somewhere but can't find it anymore.

Are you planning to launch a brand new style for XF2 at the beginning, or porting the existing ones takes priority?

Also, are you going to dump any XF1 style? I want to know the future of EDGE actually.

Haven't made the official announcement quite yet but, priority is existing styles. We won't be porting them all initially but so far:

• Fusion Gamer
  • Core
  • FA+
  • Edge

We're excited to launch new stuff but we do want to get some of the initial product line done. More will follow.

Haven't made the official announcement quite yet but, priority is existing styles. We won't be porting them all initially but so far:

• Fusion Gamer
  • Core
  • FA+
  • Edge

We're excited to launch new stuff but we do want to get some of the initial product line done. More will follow.
Will Legendary make it over to 2.0?

Will Legendary make it over to 2.0?

We have something planned like Legendary but it would be a new version. I love the general color scheme of it, but I feel I can deliver something better.

I am planning to upgrade my forum to XF2 in near future (waiting for stable XF2 and EDGE release). Right now I am running XF 1.5.15 and EDGE 1.5.14.

Assuming the new EDGE and XB for XF2 will be a totally new product, it should require a fresh install rather than an upgrade to current 1.5.XX versions. Therefore, I need to uninstall the current XB and EDGE anyhow to install the new versions for XF2. Here I have 2 questions:
  1. Are my assumptions correct? Or you will have a pathway to upgrade current 1.5.XX to 2.X.XX (like XF)? I am not asking about cost/licensing model, I am just asking from the technical point of view.
  2. If my assumptions are correct, how important it is to upgrade my XB 1.5.14 installation to newly released 1.5.15, considering it should not have a lifespan of more than a month, and I am currently happy with my 1.5.14 version?

Fresh install, 2.0 brand new product line and nothing will be able to be converted over. XF does a simple color palette change when they upgrade the style but that's about it, nothing else will really stay the same, unfortunately. Any edits will need to be redone.

Now that Xenforo 2.0 is released properly is there any news on when the new 2.0 compatible styles will be released and when you will be free to do custom modifications on them?

I've been waiting a long time for Xenforo 2.0 before I make any changes on my forum so looking forward to some news from you guys on the whole Xenforo 2.0 thing :).

Framework is done and we're in the process of converting the styles which is going really good and quick, quicker than we had thought. ;)

So no ETA as such but we're doing our best to get the stuff out to you all ASAP!

Framework is done and we're in the process of converting the styles which is going really good and quick, quicker than we had thought. ;)

So no ETA as such but we're doing our best to get the stuff out to you all ASAP!

Awesome. I'll keep my eyes on this forum then :). Thanks for the info.

Looking forward to seeing what the new styles look like.

Now I just need to decide whether it is worth upgrading to 1.5.16 while I wait.

Awesome. I'll keep my eyes on this forum then :). Thanks for the info.

Looking forward to seeing what the new styles look like.

Now I just need to decide whether it is worth upgrading to 1.5.16 while I wait.
1.5.16 has no outdated templates if you're using our 1.5.15 already, so it should be a pain-free upgrade :D

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back