XF 1.x (EDGE) Digital Point Ad Positioning with Stretch Message

abdfahim

Registered
Can I use Digital Point Ad Positioning (Insert Ad After Post or Insert Ad Inside Post) while Stretch Message is enabled?

I guess, Insert Ad After Post is not possible because the message block is stretched to match the height (hence no space for advertisement). Can you advice any work around.

Also, I am not sure why Insert Ad Inside Post is not working as well. Looking for your advice.

(Not sure if I should ask this here or in Digital Point Ad Positioning forum.)

abdfahim

Registered
Correction, Insert Ad Inside Post works.

But Insert Ad After Post does not work. Is there any work around?

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
I haven't used it / debugged it in awhile but you may need to check the Template Modifications.

He may be trying to find:

Code:
    <xen:include template="ad_message_below" />  
</li>

Which he can't since our template is modified.

One quick solution I think may work, is where he has his "replace", you can copy what he's adding to the template and just add it manually to the template: ad_message_after

ad_message_after is a custom XenBase template we provide to show content outside the message containers.

If this makes zero sense just submit a ticket with a login and I can take a look :D.

abdfahim

Registered
Well, he actually looks for below in "message" template
Code:

and replace with
Code:
<xen:callback class="DigitalPointAdPositioning_Callback_AdBelowPost" method="renderAd" params="{xen:array 'dp_ads={$dp_ads}'}"/>

I tried adding below in ad_message_after template, but didn't work.
Code:
<xen:callback class="DigitalPointAdPositioning_Callback_AdBelowPost" method="renderAd" params="{xen:array 'dp_ads={$dp_ads}'}"/>

Anyway, I have decided just to add the advertisement after the first post (with a simple template edit) instead of using that add-on, so all good now.

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
Sounds good, that ad_message_below is technically still inside the original message container which is why we decided to add our own custom template. If you have a background/border around messages using that template would allow it to be outside of the message box.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.