abdfahim

Registered
Can I use Digital Point Ad Positioning (Insert Ad After Post or Insert Ad Inside Post) while Stretch Message is enabled?

I guess, Insert Ad After Post is not possible because the message block is stretched to match the height (hence no space for advertisement). Can you advice any work around.

Also, I am not sure why Insert Ad Inside Post is not working as well. Looking for your advice.

(Not sure if I should ask this here or in Digital Point Ad Positioning forum.)

I haven't used it / debugged it in awhile but you may need to check the Template Modifications.

He may be trying to find:

Code:
    <xen:include template="ad_message_below" />  
</li>

Which he can't since our template is modified.

One quick solution I think may work, is where he has his "replace", you can copy what he's adding to the template and just add it manually to the template: ad_message_after

ad_message_after is a custom XenBase template we provide to show content outside the message containers.

If this makes zero sense just submit a ticket with a login and I can take a look :D.

Well, he actually looks for below in "message" template
Code:

and replace with
Code:
<xen:callback class="DigitalPointAdPositioning_Callback_AdBelowPost" method="renderAd" params="{xen:array 'dp_ads={$dp_ads}'}"/>

I tried adding below in ad_message_after template, but didn't work.
Code:
<xen:callback class="DigitalPointAdPositioning_Callback_AdBelowPost" method="renderAd" params="{xen:array 'dp_ads={$dp_ads}'}"/>

Anyway, I have decided just to add the advertisement after the first post (with a simple template edit) instead of using that add-on, so all good now.

Sounds good, that ad_message_below is technically still inside the original message container which is why we decided to add our own custom template. If you have a background/border around messages using that template would allow it to be outside of the message box.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back