XF 1.x Edge Style Properties: Message Elements "Enable FA icons in message user info"

ryanpe

Registered
Basically just wanting to remove these icons below the messages/likes/trophies on the Edge theme:

But if I disable FA icons in message user info it just does this:

Basically I'm wanting this:

and this:

Any way I can do this? Thank you.

I'll probably need @Russ for this.

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
Just to clarify you want the icons showing only on the top 3 that are in the boxes correct? Below that should all be text based on the left side?

ryanpe

Registered
Just to clarify you want the icons showing only on the top 3 that are in the boxes correct? Below that should all be text based on the left side?

That is correct.

Below that I'm wanting the "Joined: <date>" to just be as shown in the screenshot.

Also, there is a custom field below the join date where I don't want the field name to display. It includes custom HTML and I want it to look like:

(Note: the custom field value is the 'TEXT')

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
So you'll need to make 2 slight changes, open the template:

message_user_info

Find:

Code:
 <dt><xen:if is="@xb_fa_messageUserInfo"><i class="fa fa-calendar fa-fw Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase joined}" data-offsetX="-6" data-offsetY="0"></i><xen:else />{xen:phrase joined}:</xen:if></dt>

Replace with:

Code:
<dt>{xen:phrase joined}:</dt>

The same kind of edit goes for the other fields if you choose to use them(occupation, gender, location ect).

To hide the left side on a custom field... if you only have one custom field you can just put this inside extra.css:

Code:
.pairsJustified.xbCustomField dt
{
    display: none;
}
.pairsJustified.xbCustomField dd
{
    float: none;
    text-align: center;
}

If you have multiple custom fields and want to target just one, you need to inspect the area and grab the class:

Screenshot_3.png

In this case if I want to target the "mycolor" field:

Code:
.pairsJustified.userField_mycolor.xbCustomField dt
{
    display: none;
}
.pairsJustified.userField_mycolor..xbCustomField dd
{
    float: none;
    text-align: center;
}
I hope this helps.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.