chatloxx

Customer
Hello pixelExit team,

how can I add a third link, besides "Terms and Conditions" and "Privacy" to the footer section? I disabled the advanced footer option, so this only covers the "normal" one. "Terms and Conditions" was there by default, I enabled "Privacy" via Options > Basic Board Information. The screenshot shows exactly what I want, temporarily made with Google Developer Tools.

What would be the best way to add this link? I want to keep my code as clean as possible, so I am looking for the recommended way to do so. Creating an Add-On is an option for me, I just don't know which template to use. :) I already created the imprint page in the help section, so I just need to insert the link in the footer.

Best,
Stefan

btw: This would be a good idea as a feature for all of your styles. German laws require you to have an imprint, which is accessible from every page, so almost every website puts it into the footer area. XenForo does not provide a native feature by now.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2015-03-02 um 22.31.55.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2015-03-02 um 22.31.55.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 9
Open up the footer template:

Find:

Code:
      <xen:hook name="footer_links_legal">
         <xen:if is="{$tosUrl}"><li><a href="{$tosUrl}">{xen:phrase terms_and_rules}</a></li></xen:if>
         <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.privacyPolicyUrl}"><li><a href="{$xenOptions.privacyPolicyUrl}">{xen:phrase privacy_policy}</a></li></xen:if>
       </xen:hook>

You can use an add-on to place a link there via a hook, or a template modification, or just add in a manual link as well.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back