PaulProe

Customer
Russ,
I've been playing with a new site using the Bolt Style. I've installed two test forums, one with data imported from my vBulletin site, and another totally empty, except my styles and addons.

I am using the first site (W/data) to setup and test my various pages and appearances. Much easier for a novice to do when you can see what's going on. As an example, I've uploaded and changed a logo image that is stored in my /data/assets folder.

As I work on the site, I occasionally export my settings and upload them to the empty site. The idea is to keep the two of them coordinated so I can use the empty site for my final data import.

I understand the export as archive produces a zip file with any additional files needed for the style. But when I do that, I am only getting the xml file. No additional assets, even though I've added some extra icons and logo banners.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Is there a better way to maintain an empty copy of a site in preparation for an import from vB?

Thanks

Paul

Well, for whatever reason I thought it would include the assets. I tried on a default XF style, uploaded a logo and exported using the archive system with no luck.

For your setup, instead of using the quick upload I'd stick to manually uploading the images via ftp/a control panel. If you click your style under Appearance -> Styles, you should be able to actually edit these asset locations. Then you can upload all of your images into those folders.

To use those:

Template:
Code:
{{ asset('stylefolder') }}
Style Properties
Code:
%ASSET:stylefolder%/

Style property would look like this:
hQlMMoG.png

While template CSS would look like this:

Code:
background: url({{ asset('stylefolder') }}/xenforo/customimage.png) no-repeat 0 0 #CCC;

This should allow you to export the style easily using the archive system and have it bundle everything up.

Attachments

• OLngwrx.png
    OLngwrx.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 6
Russ,
Thanks for your comments - however the first part goes right over my head. I understand changing the settings but don't know where you are referring to with:
Template:
Code:
{{ asset('stylefolder') }}
Style Properties
Code:
%ASSET:stylefolder%/
The rest of it makes sense.

I was hoping to use the Archive method as a crutch to my memory. Do all style additions (images, icons, etc) get saved to the Asset folder? Or is it possible any of the settings get saved elsewhere - concerned that I get all.

Thanks

So I provided screenshots/CSS of how you'd use that.

If you link just this in the logo option:

Code:
styles/stylename/xenforo/logo.png

It would NOT be archived in a zip to transfer over.

If you use this:

Code:
%ASSET:stylefolder%/xenforo/logo.png

It would transfer over.

So to use a custom logo, upload it first using ftp/control panel (cpanel/direct admin for example) into the styles/stylename/xenforo/, from there you can define it in the properties/templates as above.

Does that make a little more sense? Let me know if not and I can try to explain further.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back