[FA+] Account link

Discussion in 'Closed Reports' started by chojo, Nov 1, 2015.

1. chojo

chojo Customer

Hi,
    When I click on /account/ link, it redirect me in the middle of the page and not at the very top. You can see a screen shot of the screen position.

Thank you in advance for the support.

Attached Files:

2. Russ

Russ Designer

I believe some browsers have an "auto focus" feature which jumps the page down. Can you try on the default style? We don't actually modify the account page.

3. Russ

Russ Designer

I can't get this reproduced at all in all my testing. I do believe it's a browser "feature" which auto focuses certain text fields. Let me know if you can get this reproduced at all.

4. chojo

chojo Customer

I tried with FA+ basic and I get the same weird stuff.
    I tried with Xenforo default and everything is fine

I'm currently using Waterfox version 40.1.0
    Tried with IE and it work just fine. I think its browser related too.

5. GazCBG

GazCBG Customer

@chojo do you run the addon Defer JS?
    If so blacklist the following in the settings and see if it works:

Code:
    Copy Source
    jquery
    xenforo.js
    I am having a similar problem with the post page jumping down when I run Defer JS in Firefox, and seems to be ok with other browsers.

@Russ I am having this problem as well, seems to be the same problem as I am having with the New Thread page.

And when I blacklist the above in Defer JS it is working fine.
    I am using Browser: Firefox 42.0.
    It seems to be fine in other browsers, like Opera, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    chojo likes this.
  6. chojo

chojo Customer

Yes I'm using Defer JS!

I just blacklisted jquery and xenforo.js. ATM on my job MAC, it work now on Firefox. I will test it when I'm gonna be back at home on my Windows.

Thank you sir!

7. chojo

chojo Customer

I confirm that my problem is gone when I blacklist jquery and xenforo.js

8. Russ

Russ Designer

Actually guys... @Steve did some debugging, it's happening on a stock style as well with the DeferJS plugin, not anything to do with XenBase or our styles.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  9. Steve

Steve Designer

Seems it is coming from the auto focus on the check boxes, which was reported as a bug before at XF.com and was marked as designed. DeferJS just happens to catch this at random times which cause the page to load at the focused check box, which is the 1st one on the page.

Let's work together on your next project

Contact us today to talk about how we can help you