Few of questions regarding Edge and Archon

abdfahim

Registered
Hi Guys,

I pretty much love your new style Edge. I have two questions:

1) Is XenBase included with the themes, or I need to purchase that separately?

2) Do you have any plan to release light version (I meant whitish background) of Archon?

And one comment, if you allow

In Edge, to open a sub menu, I need to hover over the small down-arrow to the left of each item. I think it'd be much better if hovering over any part of the menu item open the sub menu.

Hi Guys,

I pretty much love your new style Edge. I have two questions:

1) Is XenBase included with the themes, or I need to purchase that separately?

2) Do you have any plan to release light version (I meant whitish background) of Archon?

And one comment, if you allow

In Edge, to open a sub menu, I need to hover over the small down-arrow to the left of each item. I think it'd be much better if hovering over any part of the menu item open the sub menu.

1.) XenBase is included with all our premium styles.

2.) I'm not entirely sure on the light version of Archon, technically you can easily change the background image of it to just a solid color. I may look at doing some child variations in the future.

Regarding the menu there's an option in Xenbase to make the entire link a popup item, you just lose the arrow.

Our styles should work with all plugins, there's a few random hiccups we see every so often but we do our best to help fix it. Dragon byte chat should work just fine.

On one of my sites I have 20 add ons the only one I have problems with is Tapatalk and the problem is not related to the style at all.

Thanks guys. Last few questions before I buy (I promise :) )

1) From one other post, I have the feeling that you release your styles in line with XF version. So, if I use an old version of XF (1.5.10), and if you fix a bug today, will it be available to the style version corresponding to XF 1.5.10?

2) If XF 2.0 is released and you update your style for XF2.0, will it be available to the active (support) customers?

3) An overly-ambitious question .. Is there an license exchange possibility? I mean, I am really confused between EDGE and Archon. I will go for EDGE initially, but am hoping to make certain changes like Archon using XenBase. I am not sure if I can do that as I never used XenBase. Is there any possibility that, if I fail to modify EDGE to my liking, I can exchange the license of EDGE with Archon (as they are of same price)?

Thanks guys. Last few questions before I buy (I promise :) )

1) From one other post, I have the feeling that you release your styles in line with XF version. So, if I use an old version of XF (1.5.10), and if you fix a bug today, will it be available to the style version corresponding to XF 1.5.10?

2) If XF 2.0 is released and you update your style for XF2.0, will it be available to the active (support) customers?

3) An overly-ambitious question .. Is there an license exchange possibility? I mean, I am really confused between EDGE and Archon. I will go for EDGE initially, but am hoping to make certain changes like Archon using XenBase. I am not sure if I can do that as I never used XenBase. Is there any possibility that, if I fail to modify EDGE to my liking, I can exchange the license of EDGE with Archon (as they are of same price)?

1. Most of the updates to the styles coincide with the Xen Foro updates so if they update to 1.5.13 the styles will be updated to that soon after.

2. I would wait for the styles to update to 2.0 before I update the style to 2.0

3. There is no exchange policy that I am aware of but some of us run two Pixel Exit styles on our sites I have three on one of mine. Russ and Steve can help you make little adjustments till you are happy if it's a bit of a project they do custom work as well.

Also take a look here it shows what other users have done with their Pixel Exit sites.
https://pixelexit.com/threads/show-off-your-pixel-exit-styles.4602/

I'll leave you with this Russ and Steve come highly recommend by many users on many Forums spending money here is not wasting money they back all the products they sell you won't be disappointed. Ask as many questions you need to ask all the members here are very friendly and no one bites except @bosss

Most of the updates to the styles coincide with the Xen Foro updates so if they update to 1.5.13 the styles will be updated to that soon after.
Actually, my question was, if a bug is fixed in the style I purchase (let say Edge), do I need to update my XF to latest version before I can apply that fix, or I can use the latest version of the style with my (not so) old XF?

There is no exchange policy that I am aware of but some of us run two Pixel Exit styles on our sites I have three on one of mine. Russ and Steve can help you make little adjustments till you are happy if it's a bit of a project they do custom work as well.
Fair enough

Ask as many questions you need to ask all the members here are very friendly and no one bites
Lolz

Most times if a bug is found most times a simple code change is done and Russ or Steve tell us where to put the code to squash the bug so an update is not necessary.

One other thing to consider you can do two totally different customizations with Edge and Archon and give your members a choice as what they want to use to view the forum.

You're welcome. Also Welcome to the Pixel Exit family. You should have access to it now check your inactive licenses. Remember post a link to your site when you have done customizations.

Sure, thank you. I have the confirmation email now. A while ago I promised myself I'd stay out of such hobby projects till I finish my study, but couldn't resist the EDGE and seems like I am risking many more wasted hours (from study point of view) in near future :p.

Most times if a bug is found most times a simple code change is done and Russ or Steve tell us where to put the code to squash the bug so an update is not necessary.
What is a bug?
Since i´ve switched over my styles to PE (before nearly two years) i have not thought about this three letters any more :smuggrin:
The same with an update. download, upload, import, ready :cool:

What is a bug?
Since i´ve switched over my styles to PE (before nearly two years) i have not thought about this three letters any more :smuggrin:
The same with an update. download, upload, import, ready :cool:

We did ship out an update one time that hid the register link, that wasn't fun. Luckily it was out for about 10 minutes before I figured it out and sent a hot fix :D.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back