elsparkodiablo

Registered
Can't seem to find this option (new to XF)

@xbHeadingBackground is also used to change the highlighted color of threads & user generated links. I was able to find where to change the latter (Message Elements) but cannot find where to change the link color in forum display of threads.

Sorry for the delay... if your question ever goes 2 days without a response just feel free to bump it.

So you want to change the thread color when viewing a forum where it shows all the threads correct?

If so extra.css:

Code:
.XenBase .discussionListItem .title a {
    color: #000;
}

Then the hover:
Code:
.XenBase .discussionListItem .title a:hover {
    color: #000;
}

I was able to find it.

Constructive criticism: I love these styles, however I have to question some of the choices made for the color palette, specifically linking the primary highlight colors to so many areas in the dark style. I spent a significant amount of time changing various hover links from @xbHeadingBackground to @textCtrlText because using anything cooler than the burgundy selected made them unreadable against a dark background. You should have my customer information from my order, if you'd like I'll be happy to email you the changes I made so you can see how it's a bit friendlier to read.

I was able to find it.

Constructive criticism: I love these styles, however I have to question some of the choices made for the color palette, specifically linking the primary highlight colors to so many areas in the dark style. I spent a significant amount of time changing various hover links from @xbHeadingBackground to @textCtrlText because using anything cooler than the burgundy selected made them unreadable against a dark background. You should have my customer information from my order, if you'd like I'll be happy to email you the changes I made so you can see how it's a bit friendlier to read.

Agreed, it would be easier if I took a different approach. Appreciate the feedback I'll make adjustments for the next release. It shouldn't effect your custom style upon upgrading just as a heads up.

Hey @elsparkodiablo just a heads, I have gone through and made some tweaks on FA+ light and dark specifically in regards to how I'm calling the main highlighted colors. I originally intended it to be easy to make adjustments but realized that in certain situations it would cause more work. The header color will now only be used for just that... the headers for the most part.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back