Floating navbar - invisible bar blocks mouse interaction

Discussion in 'Closed Reports' started by jflory7, Mar 6, 2015.

1. jflory7

jflory7 Customer

Before submitting a bug report we usually recommend trying to replicate the problem on a default XenForo style(if applicable) to eliminate the possibility of it being a bug related to our styles.

Website address(optional): http://crystalcraftmc.com
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Fedora; Linux x86_64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.0
    Bug Report Details: This might be a problem with XenBase, and if so, feel free to retag the report.

On my forums, I have the admin bar and general navbar set as floating, but not the submenu bar set to float. When browsing pages on my website, the admin/general navbars do float, but when I scroll down and try clicking somewhere just beneath the general navbar, it ignores my mouse clicking. Upon further investigation, I found this area was about the same size as the submenu bar that appears at the top of the page.

It appears that it is partially there in a sense even though I have it set to disabled.

Screenshots below should help clarify what I'm explaining.

[​IMG]
    Ignore the screenshot the user posted in this thread — he was messing around with the code for the site via his browser.

To clarify further, if I tried clicking on the upper portion of this user's profile picture, the site would not recognize my mouse as being there. I cannot click on his picture unless I scroll up a bit first.
    [​IMG]

Thank you!

2. Russ

Russ Designer

This has already been fixed in 1.4.5. For now you can add this to your extra.css:

Code:
    Copy Source
    .fixed #navigation .pageContent {
    height: 79px;
    }

It's taking into account as if the sub-nav is floating as well. Starting in 1.4.5 if you have no floating sub-nav it'll calculate that height.

jflory7 likes this.

Let's work together on your next project

Contact us today to talk about how we can help you