Floating navbar - invisible bar blocks mouse interaction

Discussion in 'Closed Reports' started by jflory7, Mar 6, 2015.

1. jflory7

jflory7 Well-Known Member

Before submitting a bug report we usually recommend trying to replicate the problem on a default XenForo style(if applicable) to eliminate the possibility of it being a bug related to our styles.

Website address(optional): http://crystalcraftmc.com
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Fedora; Linux x86_64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.0
    Bug Report Details: This might be a problem with XenBase, and if so, feel free to retag the report.

On my forums, I have the admin bar and general navbar set as floating, but not the submenu bar set to float. When browsing pages on my website, the admin/general navbars do float, but when I scroll down and try clicking somewhere just beneath the general navbar, it ignores my mouse clicking. Upon further investigation, I found this area was about the same size as the submenu bar that appears at the top of the page.

It appears that it is partially there in a sense even though I have it set to disabled.

Screenshots below should help clarify what I'm explaining.

[​IMG]
    Ignore the screenshot the user posted in this thread — he was messing around with the code for the site via his browser.

To clarify further, if I tried clicking on the upper portion of this user's profile picture, the site would not recognize my mouse as being there. I cannot click on his picture unless I scroll up a bit first.
    [​IMG]

Thank you!

2. Russ

Russ Designer

This has already been fixed in 1.4.5. For now you can add this to your extra.css:

Code:
    Copy Source
    .fixed #navigation .pageContent {
    height: 79px;
    }

It's taking into account as if the sub-nav is floating as well. Starting in 1.4.5 if you have no floating sub-nav it'll calculate that height.

jflory7 likes this.

Let's work together on your next project

Contact us today to talk about how we can help you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.