Fixed Floating Navigation not working for moderators whe

Discussion in 'Closed Reports' started by Travis-Mc, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Travis-Mc

Travis-Mc Registered

Before submitting a bug report we usually recommend trying to replicate the problem on a default XenForo style(if applicable) to eliminate the possibility of it being a bug related to our styles.

Website address(optional):
    Bug Report Details:

When a forum is specified in:
    Home > Options > User Discouragement and Discipline > Send Reports into Forum
    the reporting center is disabled in xenforo. I believe this is what's causing the floating navigation to stop working for moderators only.

I've verified this in chrome and firefox.

Enabling Floating Moderator Bar sort of gets it to work, but there is a blank space above the navigation bar.

2. Travis-Mc

Travis-Mc Registered

It looks like Disabling the reporting center also disables the moderator bar. I can work around the issue by Enabling Floating Moderator Bar and setting Moderator Bar CSS height to 0.

3. Travis-Mc

Travis-Mc Registered

The work around above kind of messes up the nav bar for the administrator.

4. Russ

Russ Designer

I'm on my phone right now but just digging for more detail, so with the reporting center gone the bar disappears completely? Are you logged into an admin account?

5. Russ

Russ Designer

I see what's going on, in moderator_bar template the:

Code:
    Copy Source
    <xen:require css="moderator_bar.css" />
    is outside the content check, the content check is there to see if any content should be display up there. So.. the CSS was applying no matter what even if the moderator had no content to display.

This is fixed in 1.5.7

6. Travis-Mc

Travis-Mc Registered

Excellent. Thanks!

Let's work together on your next project

Contact us today to talk about how we can help you