RobParker

Registered
I assumed the new members widget in the footer was the same widget that's part of the default setup but it doesn't seem to be. Is it a widget? If not, where is it controlled?

So I figured this out I think

The widget is hard coded in the template rather than pointing to a defined widget.

In xb_footer
Code:
               <xf:widget class="XF:NewestMembers" opt-limit="15"/>

Adding opt-limit in there allows you to change the default from 12 to whatever you want. Given the block is 5 wide, it makes sense to be a multiple of 5 rather than the default of 12.

I also think the only thing making it 5 wide is how many small avatars will fit in the space given so it somewhat depends on your avatar sizes and available space as well and therefore differs on mobile which isn't ideal :-(

It is... instead of editing that directly I'd suggest using the template:

Screenshot_1.png

use the related template
xb_footer_block1
xb_footer_block2
xb_footer_block3
xb_footer_block4

Then you can input your widget manually. There are actually quite a few options on the widgets so we chose to keep the stock widgets by default instead of somehow trying to overcomplicate them. Additionally... we can't export custom widget locations in a style, unfortunately... or else you could just use the Widget Editor's built-in properties.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back