Blast

Registered
I'm trying to change the color scheme of my site right now. But I'm having a hard time knowing which is which. Can someone help me out?

I responded in the PM but in general there is no set way to change the colors. We've added palettes to help with various things such as global primary/secondary background and border colors. Additionally We have a property specific for header background colors along with font colors to go with it.

It really comes down to just experimenting, if you want to change something on the sidebar, then ideally you'd check : Style Properties -> Sidebar. To change the navigation properties : Style Properties -> Header and Navigation and so forth.

Oh. So it's much better to go to each and individual style properties and change them from there?

Well it really depends on what you want to do. If you want to change the border colors globally, we have a color palette property for that so you should change it there. If you want just the sidebar block border to change and only that border color you'd want to edit the property.

If you want to give me an idea of what you're looking to change I can recommend what I would do.

Well it really depends on what you want to do. If you want to change the border colors globally, we have a color palette property for that so you should change it there. If you want just the sidebar block border to change and only that border color you'd want to edit the property.

If you want to give me an idea of what you're looking to change I can recommend what I would do.
Is there a general guide to what the correct terms are for what?
@xbColor1
@alt2Background

the other terms for stuff besides color too in the settings ???

Are these Xenforo terms? Would a general Xenforo guide also help me with your styles? I've installed both light and dark versions of Core and it is fantastic. I can see the possibilities but don't even know where to start. Can you recommend a good beginners guide for this kind of thing? I find I don't know how to ask the proper questions in support forums because I don't know what things are called.

Very very pleased with Core. My members think it's a big improvement, especially the ones that like the dark styles.

Thanks @Loki013

Not a specific guide, the orange on core is controlled by xbColor1. For the most part the font color that shows up on the orange is controlled by xbColor2.

For the dark bars around the style, the font color is xbColor3 and you can change that gradient by going to:

Style Properties: - Core Properties -> coreGradient

You can generator your own: http://www.colorzilla.com/gradient-editor/

Past that we use xbPrimaryContent xbSecondaryContent xbPrimaryBorder xbSecondaryBorder as general colors for the backgrounds/borders.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back