Tickets Implemented Hide Navigation Tab

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by aquarium, Dec 26, 2015.

1. aquarium

aquarium New Member

This one seemed like a no brainer. You can access all parts of a ticket by just going to the ticket home. There is a button for "create ticket." If logged in all tickets can be seen too. So I'd like to hide the "tickets" from the top navigation and just stick it in the footer at my leisure rather than hacking it out with a css command to display none. Could you put in the option in the dropdown in placement for "none?" - thanks. :)

Alfa1 and kontrabass like this.
  2. aquarium

aquarium New Member

Code:
    Copy Source
        public static function navigationTabs(array &$extraTabs, $selectedTabId)
        {
    /* removed tab */
        }

If you want to remove it as I did, you'll need to edit the Listener.php file in /library/

You can always add it back in if you wish. I'm guessing that I could have added "none" to the tab but this was a whole lot easier. :)

3. kontrabass

kontrabass Member

IMO I think having "Tickets" in the navbar is the wrong place for it. Tickets is not a feature of a site.... it should belong in the footer next to "contact us" (or better yet, replacing contact us).

Alfa1 likes this.
  4. Alfa1

Alfa1 Active Member

Agreed. Basically should be the contact us link, as well as a sub-link of help.

5. Russ

Russ Designer

I think options would be the best, we use tickets as a main part of our site here so there is definitely use for it. I think having options such as:

Home/Middle/End/Disabled would be perfect (in regards to the navigation tab)

Alfa1 and Ashley.S. like this.
  6. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

I've gone ahead and implemented this in 1.3.0. :)