How to add particle.js to forum background?

tozzi

Customer
Any idea how to add this to the forum background?

vincentgarreau.com /particles.js/

github.com /VincentGarreau/particles.js/

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
Sadly it's not a quick thing I can provide over here. It involves uploading a few files, implementing the HTML/JS/CSS.

I'm working through a backlog of work at the moment but I can try to swing back when I'm done, just no ETA at the moment.

tozzi

Customer
Sadly it's not a quick thing I can provide over here. It involves uploading a few files, implementing the HTML/JS/CSS.

I'm working through a backlog of work at the moment but I can try to swing back when I'm done, just no ETA at the moment.
Hi @Russ ,

If you could advise me which files needed to be uploaded where I can probably figure it out, but if not then when you're free it you could help me with this it would be great.

Thanks,
Jake

tozzi

Customer
Hi @Russ

I'll definitely need your help with this one because other members have confirmed that what I'm doing works on the xenforo default style with no problems at all but when I try to use it on the xenbase style its extremely choppy/slow.

You'll see what I mean at ForbiddenSE.com/ is there some type of js code that could be interfering with the particle,js script?

Here is my thread on xenforo so you know what templates I've edited and such.

xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-add-particle-js-to-background.179203/

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
Hey, mentioned in that thread we don't serve any additional JS. Have you tried getting it working on the default style with your current setup?

I notice in your source code you also have some sort of custom slider being loaded. It's not only loading a custom script but right above it, it's trying to load an entirely second version of jquery which I'd say is a big nono. Can you disable that add-on/modification to see if it helps?

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.