Tickets how to reopen a ticket?

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by kontrabass, Mar 5, 2016.

1. kontrabass

kontrabass Member

I can't figure out how to re-open a closed ticket. IMO, any new reply to a closed ticket should automatically set it back to "open". There should also be a radio selection for ticket status "open" if it's closed.
    Lemminator and Alfa1 like this.
  2. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

The functionality admittedly is a bit weird in the current version. I've been working on improving it but it sort of relies on how Ticket Statuses are going to be handled moving forward.

I've been playing with Kayako a lot recently and I think that's the route I'm going for in terms of statuses and then allowing admins to define what statuses should be applied when and whether they should trigger a reopen or not.
    Soulzz, kontrabass and Alfa1 like this.
  3. Alfa1

Alfa1 Active Member

Yes, we are currently using Kayako. many functions are very well worked out. Including statuses, reopening, reminders and automatically closing tickets. Same for automatically assigning a ticket.
    The only reason why we would like to have a xenforo based ticket system is because it is then fully integrated.
    kontrabass likes this.
  4. aquarium

aquarium New Member

I still have a license I haven't upgraded because it has taken them FOREVER to create a responsive ticket system, which may still be in some sort of beta. Not only is it not themed (and I don't want to pay to experiment creating a matching template) but the integration that was supposed to have worked has not worked for any site I know. It's sad because while I like this system and it will suffice for me, I could really use an industrial strength solution like Kayako and the integrated chat. It is what it is.
  5. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

This has been made a bit clearer in 1.3.0.
    Alfa1 likes this.