Cyb3r

Customer
I noticed if i overwrite the style all my custom tweaks and mods are gone, is there anyway to prevent that?

Also why there's no Gamer Time prefix in this section? :D

Regards.

Ideally all of your customizations should be in a child style under Gamer Time. So xenbase then gamer time then your custom style which is the last child.

When upgrading you only upgrade xenbase then gamer time. All updates trickle down to your child style

Ideally all of your customizations should be in a child style under Gamer Time. So xenbase then gamer time then your custom style which is the last child.

When upgrading you only upgrade xenbase then gamer time. All updates trickle down to your child style

I use this chain: Master Style (which i was dump enough to edit xD) > Default Style > MyStyle > Child Style.

But i never got that idea of yours, thanks for pointing that, so now best way is to upload the new update under GT then make the modification on it to make it stick then update the parent GT right?

Order should look like this:

Screenshot_20.png

And any edits you make, color changes/style properties/templates should all go inside that YOUR CUSTOM STYLE

You shouldn't even really see "MASTER STYLE" unless your debug mode is enabled, which ideally it shouldn't be on a live board.

Order should look like this:

View attachment 1697

And any edits you make, color changes/style properties/templates should all go inside that YOUR CUSTOM STYLE

You shouldn't even really see "MASTER STYLE" unless your debug mode is enabled, which ideally it shouldn't be on a live board.

Yeah i see now, but what if i needed the mods to be included in all child styles i have to make the changes on parent style like GT or XenBase, it's hard to make all changes over and over if you have more than 1 style.

Also if i may ask what's wrong with enabling debug mode on live board, cause it's always active on my board, never thought it has a bad effects.

RE Debug:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/

Note that it is not advised to run a live site with debug mode enabled due to the increased resources utilised.

Not entirely sure I understand your question, what mods are you talking about?

You should disable XenBase and Gamer Time for user selection, allowing users to just use your child style of Gamer Time. If you install a plugin it's going to update all the templates in every style.

Last edited:

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back