1. This forum is dedicated to suggestions for our free & premium styles for XenForo. If you need to post a bug relating to XenBase or a style please use this forum for reporting bugs or this forum for style support. Alternatively you may submit a ticket here.

Not Planned Include matching html template ?

Discussion in 'Resolved Suggestions' started by eva2000, May 28, 2015.

1. eva2000

eva2000 Customer

I've brought this up with @Russ before but thought I'd do it formally on the forums :)

Was wondering if you have plans to include basic static html templates for common pages that match your offered styles ?

html templates for
    • status error codes i.e. 404, 500, 502, 503, maintenance pages
    • basic blog format template
    • basic one page html template
    For folks building their entire site around the forums may want these especially maintenance page if they want to 503 temp wall off their site while they're doing admin stuff behind the scenes or doing site backups etc.

Maybe offer such as an additional addon to styles for $XX amount of extra dollars ?

You could start off a whole new level of demand for custom 404/status pages etc hehe

Just a suggestion :D

2. Steve

Steve Designer

I think it may require some coding to catch the page that is served. Like: https://pixelexit.com/forums/blah doesn't really have a class to target for simple styling.

With that said, our home page here is a child style of our main style that we gutted and just used the pageWidth and pageContent classes for the container, same as all XF pages, then set the Home tab to use that style.

I may be missing what you are actually wanting but I'm assuming you want those pages in a XF wrapper of sorts?
  3. eva2000

eva2000 Customer

Well when I mean standalone it's literally standalone as in just a single html file. So end user can do whatever they want with. Common one would be for me to setup on server side a site wide maintenance process to trigger a temp 503 maintenance html page which wraps entire site, blogs, wordpress, forums etc and redirects to that 503 maintenance html page. Would be nice if the page was a matching style to the forums and whatever Pixelexit style that is used.

Example is at https://community.centminmod.com/posts/1084/. I tried my best to gut the XF style to get a basic html page for 404. But my web design skills can't match your expertise especially if you want it seamless match to your XF styles.

XF can only do 404 for forums itself but not the rest of the site like if you had a blog and other scripts