Fixed Inconsistent Font in profile page

Discussion in 'Closed Reports' started by abdfahim, Feb 3, 2017.

1. abdfahim

abdfahim Customer

Style: EDGE

Bug: In the profile post block, font size of reply is bigger than the font size of the original comment.

Suggestion: I think font size of information bit (date, Like, Comment) should be smaller than the reply font size. Otherwise, everything becomes cluttered.

Untitled.png

thomas1 likes this.
  2. Russ

Russ Designer

I've made an adjustment on XenBase for this one, essentially changed the XenForo's default reset CSS to inherit the small font size we provide rather than 13px.

One solution you can do now that will help other areas too, Style Properties -> General -> Body, set the font-size to: @xb_fontsizes

3. abdfahim

abdfahim Customer

What change does it suppose to do? I can't see any visible change. And the font size issue in the profile posts still remain same.

Currently, I am overriding the fonts in EXTRA.css by

To have same font size of a profile post and replies (replies were already 14px):
    Code:
    Copy Source
    .messageSimple .messageContent {
        font-size: 14px;
    }
    To have smaller information bit
    Code:
    Copy Source
    .messageSimple .comment .commentControls, .messageSimple .messageMeta {
        font-size: 12px !important;
    }
    So, that it looks like
    upload_2017-2-5_8-10-45.png

instead of this
    upload_2017-2-5_8-11-32.png

4. Russ

Russ Designer

It should of corrected it, I'll take a closer look when I get back from the weekend.

abdfahim likes this.
  5. abdfahim

abdfahim Customer

Hi @Russ, just to add similar issue (most probably connected with this issue).

When editing a post, as you can see below, the checkbox option text font is smaller then the "option explanation" font. I think, the opposite (or at least same font size) makes more sense.

upload_2017-2-6_10-29-7.png

6. abdfahim

abdfahim Customer

Some few more font inconsistencies (@Russ, should I stop reporting any more font inconsistency, as I feel they are all related?)

For both the cases below, the font size is too small and font itself (font face) is different.

1) Notice given to the guest poster when guest posting is enabled (with moderation)
    upload_2017-2-10_11-35-25.png

2) New posts section when there is no new post (the message "You have no unread posts .......")

upload_2017-2-10_11-18-55.png

7. Russ

Russ Designer

You can post them if you find them, I'll have an update out shortly.

abdfahim likes this.
  8. Russ

Russ Designer

So I'm making a few adjustments here for our next XenBase release. Essentially XF hard codes a lot of font-size: 10px, 11px into the default style, in places we don't normally change. This should be a little more consistent on the next version, it was definitely more noticeable on Edge which uses larger font sizes.

abdfahim likes this.
  9. abdfahim

abdfahim Customer

Hi @Russ, out of curiosity, all the fixes are in future update of XB, right? Will you release that with next XF1 update? I am not sure about the usual practice here, hence asked.

10. Russ

Russ Designer

Actually this next XenBase won't rely on XF release date, it's a larger release I'm close to pushing out. We normally ship with XF updates but I'm not sure when that will come with the 2.0 being the main focus.

Shouldn't be too much longer now and all these pesky edge issues will be fixed along with numerous improvements to the framework.

thomas1 and abdfahim like this.
  11. abdfahim

abdfahim Customer

Awesome ... Most likely you have already seen, still just in case, want to point to another bug I reported in the customer support section (I actually didn't realize that was a bug, thought as per design. But @Steve confirmed it was a bug). Would be nice if you fix that as well in the next release, if not too much to ask.

https://pixelexit.com/threads/unread-post-in-thread-view-edge.4977/

Russ likes this.
  12. abdfahim

abdfahim Customer

Again, most likely already fixed in next version, but just for record, the similar font inconsistency in registration page (the font size of the field title is smaller than the description)

upload_2017-3-24_15-53-48.png

Let's work together on your next project

Contact us today to talk about how we can help you