Style: EDGE

Bug: In the profile post block, font size of reply is bigger than the font size of the original comment.

Suggestion: I think font size of information bit (date, Like, Comment) should be smaller than the reply font size. Otherwise, everything becomes cluttered.

Untitled.png

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
I've made an adjustment on XenBase for this one, essentially changed the XenForo's default reset CSS to inherit the small font size we provide rather than 13px.

One solution you can do now that will help other areas too, Style Properties -> General -> Body, set the font-size to: @xb_fontsizes

One solution you can do now that will help other areas too, Style Properties -> General -> Body, set the font-size to: @xb_fontsizes
What change does it suppose to do? I can't see any visible change. And the font size issue in the profile posts still remain same.

Currently, I am overriding the fonts in EXTRA.css by

To have same font size of a profile post and replies (replies were already 14px):
Code:
.messageSimple .messageContent {
    font-size: 14px;
}
To have smaller information bit
Code:
.messageSimple .comment .commentControls, .messageSimple .messageMeta {
    font-size: 12px !important;
}
So, that it looks like
upload_2017-2-5_8-10-45.png

instead of this
upload_2017-2-5_8-11-32.png

Hi @Russ, just to add similar issue (most probably connected with this issue).

When editing a post, as you can see below, the checkbox option text font is smaller then the "option explanation" font. I think, the opposite (or at least same font size) makes more sense.

upload_2017-2-6_10-29-7.png

Some few more font inconsistencies (@Russ, should I stop reporting any more font inconsistency, as I feel they are all related?)

For both the cases below, the font size is too small and font itself (font face) is different.

1) Notice given to the guest poster when guest posting is enabled (with moderation)
upload_2017-2-10_11-35-25.png

2) New posts section when there is no new post (the message "You have no unread posts .......")

upload_2017-2-10_11-18-55.png

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
So I'm making a few adjustments here for our next XenBase release. Essentially XF hard codes a lot of font-size: 10px, 11px into the default style, in places we don't normally change. This should be a little more consistent on the next version, it was definitely more noticeable on Edge which uses larger font sizes.

Hi @Russ, out of curiosity, all the fixes are in future update of XB, right? Will you release that with next XF1 update? I am not sure about the usual practice here, hence asked.

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
Actually this next XenBase won't rely on XF release date, it's a larger release I'm close to pushing out. We normally ship with XF updates but I'm not sure when that will come with the 2.0 being the main focus.

Shouldn't be too much longer now and all these pesky edge issues will be fixed along with numerous improvements to the framework.

Again, most likely already fixed in next version, but just for record, the similar font inconsistency in registration page (the font size of the field title is smaller than the description)

upload_2017-3-24_15-53-48.png

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.