Tracy Perry

Customer
Is there a simple way to invert the colors of Blacken Pro to result in a light version?
I've played with many of the settings, and there are still several that remain dark.
The site I'm currently running actually looks better dark, but I realize that some people simply prefer a light version?
I realize that I could use a different style.. but consistency IS imporant.

Solution
We never really released an official one. You could try importing this as a child style of your current style. It changes the colors primarily but should inherit most of your settings. You might need to make some manual adjustments as this was pretty quick.
We never really released an official one. You could try importing this as a child style of your current style. It changes the colors primarily but should inherit most of your settings. You might need to make some manual adjustments as this was pretty quick.

Attachments

• style-Blackened-Pro-(Light).zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 5
Solution
Thanks @Russ! That was pretty much what I was needing was the main content areas to be lighter.... and no matter how many times I tried, I never could get it to work right.
I know that many people prefer a light background/dark text to read... so was banging my head agains the wall... especially since it had been SO long since I played with XF.

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 6.54.10 PM.png

When I was doing the light style real quick, I realized the dark style needs a bit of an update in terms of how it was coded. It's been out for so long I'm not sure I'd update it at this point as it might break more things for users.

Little things like Style type = Light/Dark is set to light, various properties using hard-coded colors which I avoid.

We may let things be for this style for now!

Glad the light worked out for you.

When I was doing the light style real quick, I realized the dark style needs a bit of an update in terms of how it was coded. It's been out for so long I'm not sure I'd update it at this point as it might break more things for users.

We may let things be for this style for now!
I hate to admit it.. but almost ALL of my modifications are still done in EXTRA.LESS instead of the style properties... that way, I'm never dependent on if something in the base style changed one of the settings in the actual style properties. I use very few !important statements.

I hate to admit it.. but almost ALL of my modifications are still done in EXTRA.LESS instead of the style properties... that way, I'm never dependent on if something in the base style changed one of the settings in the actual style properties. I use very few !important statements.

That's fine except for when overhauling the color scheme. Those properties are called in so many areas, it'd be impossible to get it right using extra.less.

That's fine except for when overhauling the color scheme. Those properties are called in so many areas, it'd be impossible to get it right using extra.less.
That's what I was finding out with trying to convert this one to a light style.... generally I choose the style I like based on the overall look and then end up only having to tweak a few areas. I personally was perfectly happy with the site only having a dark style.... until the better half wanted to see what I was spending so much time on and she said it was hard for her to read with it that dark.
Main reason I defaulted to dark is in case I (or any future user) was out at a site doing captures and wanted to visit the site or any data, a light style would blow your night vision of of the water. I've been thinking about doing one in red tones like a lot of astro software has for night vision.

My current EXTRA.less is only about 495 lines long, but a noticeable portion of that involves putting FA icons in several locations.

That's one of the big problems for me.. there are VERY few styles out there that I like initially. When I was running the IPS site, I liked Ehren's stuff... but honestly I'm not that impressed with the XF stuff produced by him.
One day I may be able to afford a totally custom one, but first I have to have a site that takes off and that I continue to devote time into.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back