BigPete7978

Registered
Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I just installed Evolve on my forum. Without even changing a setting, I am getting this error just by clicking Save. This is without changing ANYTHING.

Error.PNG

That usually is related to some sort of firewall protection. Can you right click your screen -> inspect element and click the "console" tab. You may need to refresh the page and try a new action. It might give you some more insight.

Could be "mod_security" that's blocking you. You'll need to reach out to your host and tell them that you're being blocked from doing edits on your forum. They should be able to ease the restrictions to allow you to edit it.

Just for clarification, this isn't a problem unique to our styles, you'll have the same issue editing various parts of other styles such as the default style.

Could be "mod_security" that's blocking you. You'll need to reach out to your host and tell them that you're being blocked from doing edits on your forum. They should be able to ease the restrictions to allow you to edit it.

Just for clarification, this isn't a problem unique to our styles, you'll have the same issue editing various parts of other styles such as the default style.
Any reason it just started happening with 2.2?

No specific reason I can think of sadly. Try editing like the font size on the default style to see if it throws the error. In the past it would do the same thing there. Style properties -> Typography.

The srcset is typically defined from using a 2x logo. Did you upload a 2x logo by chance? Can you double-check the path? Style properties -> Basic options.

I did have a 2x logo. Just deleted it to see and the issue is still happening. It’s only on some things within the style I can’t alter and save, other parts are working fine. I don’t get it.

EDIT: Could it be because my logos are named things like “The Goat House.png” instead of “TheGoatHouse.png”? Could having a space in the name affect it like that?

I did have a 2x logo. Just deleted it to see and the issue is still happening. It’s only on some things within the style I can’t alter and save, other parts are working fine. I don’t get it.

EDIT: Could it be because my logos are named things like “The Goat House.png” instead of “TheGoatHouse.png”? Could having a space in the name affect it like that?

You could try renaming it with no spaces, maybe call it just "logo.png".

I still think the problem resides with security on your server. Have you tried going through the default style and editing values there? I'm willing to bet the server will block you from doing basic edits. PAGE_CONTAINER is another notorious one for being blocked by firewalls. Try editing that on the default style.

If you still can't get it, just submit a ticket and I'll take a closer look. More than likely your host still needs to resolve this but I can at least try to look.

You could try renaming it with no spaces, maybe call it just "logo.png".

I still think the problem resides with security on your server. Have you tried going through the default style and editing values there? I'm willing to bet the server will block you from doing basic edits. PAGE_CONTAINER is another notorious one for being blocked by firewalls. Try editing that on the default style.

If you still can't get it, just submit a ticket and I'll take a closer look. More than likely your host still needs to resolve this but I can at least try to look.
21AD3ADB-4F78-4223-AE1D-5334C4323747.jpeg

Yep. Does it on the default style as well. Couldn’t even click Save without getting the message. So I need to reach out to my host? It’s never done this before with 2.0 and 2.1 XenForo. :(

Yep, only your host will be able to fix it. I'd say something along the lines of:

I'm attempting to make edits in my forum software and I keep getting blocked. I'm being told it's possibly due to a security configuration. Is there anything such as mod_security or something like it that might block actions?

Ideally, any reputable host should get it sorted quickly.

Yep, only your host will be able to fix it. I'd say something along the lines of:

I'm attempting to make edits in my forum software and I keep getting blocked. I'm being told it's possibly due to a security configuration. Is there anything such as mod_security or something like it that might block actions?

Ideally, any reputable host should get it sorted quickly.
Contacting now. Thanks again @Russ.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back