BlackSS

Registered
Hi,
Im having a issue with the sidebar block heading. Like the top bit. As you can see in the screen shot, the right sidebar has grey top. Where the left is plain text. Im using WF.
Hoping for a quick fix please guys. Thanks.
Style Archon.

Untitled4.jpg

Edit: Sorry, i just noticed the left sidebar is on all pages. Wondering how i can make it show only on forum home please?

Last edited:
Get it all sorted?
Not at all mate thanks lol.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to only show the extra side bar in these places: forum_list, thread_view, discussion_List. I'm guessing discussion_List is wrong anyway. Im wanting to show a right and left sidebar on forum home, the list of threads section and threads with posts if that makes sense. If i use hook:xb_extra_sidebar_hook it displays everywhere in extra sidebar. I looked at where you stated, but i see nothing to do with the messed up h3 tags, or missing title background on widgets added to extra side bar. I thought i must have been expecting to much from one style so i pulled the plug. Racedepartment gave me the idea as seen in screen shot. I thought i'll buy the same theme and do some similar, but easier said then done lol. My forum is much smaller and the member's are mostly from facebook, so i want them to find stuff easy. If i put all widgets in right sidebar, its longer than the forum which i don't like, and seems to be somewhat confusing for facebook people! Anyway, thats my story :D Thanks mate.
rd.jpg

So to show on specific areas:

Open: xb_extra_sidebar

Change the top line conditional to:

Code:
<xen:if is="@xb_extra_sidebar AND in_array({$contentTemplate}, array('forum_list', 'forum_view', 'thread_view'))">

See if this achieves what you're after.

So to show on specific areas:

Open: xb_extra_sidebar

Change the top line conditional to:

Code:
<xen:if is="@xb_extra_sidebar AND in_array({$contentTemplate}, array('forum_list', 'forum_view', 'thread_view'))">

See if this achieves what you're after.
Awesome mate, that did the trick. Thank you.
I still face the plain h3 title like in screenshot in first post, if i can fix that, would be great thanks.

Try this... open sidebar.css, find:

Code:
.XenBase .xengallerySideBarContainer .xengallerySideBar .section h3,
.extraSidebar .section h3
, add a comma after and the line below like so:

Code:
.extraSidebar .section h3

Let me know if that helps.

Is the widget disabled or is this something you need to be logged in to see? Trying to debug it.
Yes it was mate while asleep sorry.

Actually I just realized what the problem is, I’ll be back on my computer shortly to provide the fix.
You sir have solved not only the issue at hand, but a issue i have been facing for the last year!
I had the same problem with h3 when adding any widgets to forum view or any other locations. The right side was ALWAYS fine, i could never work out why the h3 section would mess up in any other pace.

Lets give a example, adding a widget to hook:thread_view_qr_after would end up with that messed up h3 issue.
But now thanks to your code above fixing the extra sidebar issue, but also alarmed me why other widgets had same issue.

Code:
/* generic sidebar blocks */

.sidebar .section .primaryContent   h3,
.sidebar .section .secondaryContent h3,
.extraSidebar .section h3,
.thread_view .section .secondaryContent h3,
.forum_list .section h3
{
   @property "sidebarBlockHeading";
   font-weight: bold;
   font-size: @xb_fontsizem;
   font-family: @xb_webfont_secondary;
   color: rgb(23, 22, 22);
   background-color: @xbButtonBackground;
   padding-top: 7px;
   padding-bottom: 7px;
   padding-left: 10px;
   margin-top: -10px;
   margin-right: -11px;
   margin-left: -11px;
   border-bottom: 1px solid @primaryLighter;
   @property "/sidebarBlockHeading";
}

.sidebar .section .primaryContent   h3 a,
.sidebar .section .secondaryContent h3 a,
.extraSidebar .section .primaryContent   h3 a,
.extraSidebar .section .secondaryContent h3 a,
.thread_view .section .primaryContent   h3 a,
.thread_view .section .secondaryContent h3 a,
.forum_list .section .primaryContent   h3 a,
.forum_list .section .secondaryContent h3 a
{
   @property "sidebarBlockHeading.font";
   font-weight: bold;
   font-size: @xb_fontsizem;
   font-family: @xb_webfont_secondary;
   color: rgb(23, 22, 22);
   @property "/sidebarBlockHeading.font";
   text-transform: uppercase;
}
Thank you SO MUCH man. Much appropriated.
1before.jpg 1after.jpg

Last edited:

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back