Javascript Fails to Work in Postbit

Discussion in 'Bug Reports (XF2)' started by Jaidyn, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Jaidyn

Jaidyn Customer

Under the avatar, where you have all the stuff listed like: Website, Likes, Posts, Location, etc., the arrow doesn't seem to do anything when clicked. I tried this on all of my Pixel Exit styles but am starting to wonder if it's an error brought on by something screwed up in a file somewhere within the XenForo mainframe. Can anyone help shed light on this?

I already reinstalled the 2.0.8 and 2.0.9 patches, twice. Doesn't seem to fix anything on that end.

2. Russ

Russ Designer

Do you have: xb_message.less edited by chance?
    Also, does it work on the parent style?

We use a basic toggle function with custom CSS to achieve this. I see on your site that the JS is actually working but the css isn't loading.

It could be a variety of things... but let me know about the above 2 items. I may need a login via a support ticket to research further.

3. Jaidyn

Jaidyn Customer

Yeah, I did finally figure out how to make the JS work (there was another theme's framework interfering with ALL my skins like this, so I had the offending culprit banished.) As for the CSS not loading, I have no idea. As for the other question, no, I did not edit anything in xb_message.less. It says DO NOT EDIT, so I never touch the parent styles. ;)

No worries though; if I have to re-install the theme, I will - or I'll just wait for the next major update, it's no big. :D

Thanks for your feedback, Russ!

Russ likes this.

Let's work together on your next project

Contact us today to talk about how we can help you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.