Bionic Rooster

Registered
As per title in minimized and there's a quirky thing beside new post. Funny this didn't happen in my test forum
Any thoughts?
Screenshot_1.jpg

Test site
Screenshot_2.jpg

The 0 "> scares me but it didn't come in any of the styles :D.

It could be from a merge, regarding the missing image we have the ability to set a mobile image now.

Check Style Properties -> Header and Navigation, if you remove the URL to the mobile logo it'll fix that. Or you can upload a mobile image and set the URL path. (Off to make notes on the release thread)

For the random text you mind getting me access with a temp admin login?

It's due to the new posts indicator. The template modification looks like it's finding any link starting with {xen:link fi

Which...:

Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}</a></li>

Is the default link, and adding the unread bubble. Looking at the best fix...

Alright I adjusted it on your forum... I found a small error on my part but it wasn't effecting it(forgot to close a span tag).

What did the trick was removing the tooltip. I'll look into a proper fix for the next update.

Attaching this for reference...

Code:
<xen:if is="@xb_offcanvas_menu_newposts"><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}" rel="nofollow" class="xbOffCanvasNew"> <i class="fa fa-commenting fa-fw"></i><span>{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}</span></a></xen:if>

<xen:if is="@xb_offcanvas_menu_newposts"><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}" rel="nofollow" class="xbOffCanvasNew Tooltip" title="{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}"> <i class="fa fa-commenting fa-fw"></i><span>{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}<span></a></xen:if>

@Russ The change you made also removed use of CTA Recent Post link in the nav bar I think. It's not there any more and even reinstalling it CTA Recent Post(cause I thought it was a problem I was having) didn't fix it.

I'll be honest not really sure how it would of changed it, all I did was remove the title from our custom link. Does it use a template modification to place it?

Yeah with my limited code knowledge (zip LOL) all I can say is that it was there before you fixed it or at the very least it was there before I updated Xenbase and the style because I had used it before updating the style. And to be honest with the flurry of getting ride of the 0 "> I'm not clear on what happened LOL
The manual code changes supplied by Brogan are found here https://xenforo.com/community/resources/add-a-recent-posts-link-to-the-navigation-bar.2141/
But not liking to mess with code myself I had used this https://xenforo.com/community/resources/cta-recent-posts.2817/

Alright, he's probably using a find:

Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}</a></li>

Which we modified to add a class in the latest update so it wouldn't work. The first link is really easy to apply though, I can do it for you if you'd like(just re-activate that accounts admin access heh).

Check it now, is that correct? I placed it manually:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
               <li><a href="{xen:link find-new/posts, '', 'recent=1'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase recent_posts}</a></li>
             </xen:if>

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back