Not Planned Make off-canvas menu more usefull

Discussion in 'Resolved Suggestions' started by Alfa1, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Alfa1

Alfa1 Customer

The off canvas menu replicates the XF navigation menu, which by default holds a large number of trivial links and addons replicate this behavior. It also duplicates forum subnavigation links for any widget page.
    My off canvas menu has about 50 irrelevant links, which only confuses my members.

The off canvas menu should exclusively offer highly relevant links and functions. Take a look at the node list filter here: http://www.bigsoccer.com/forums/ That is very useful.

I also think the off canvas menu should have a close/full-view button within the menu.

2. Russ

Russ Designer

Displaying nodes would require an add-on for it to properly work so it's out of the scope of the off-canvas.

Technically our canvas is just meant to expose the links + sub nav links in a fashion where you can actually click them, as opposed to the default navigation.

The close button is something I'm trying to implement on the upcoming release.

We have laid out the off-canvas pretty straight forward so it's easy to edit to create your own setup.