Hello,

I'm using the "Mark Forums Read" with the node icon. Perhaps it's by design, but does anyone else find it weird that when you use that to mark a forum/node as read, it takes you to that node afterward?

Defeats the purpose of using the icon to mark it read, since if I wanted to go into the node, I could just mark it read from in there.

Marking it read should really just leave you on the forum index.

Thoughts?

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
Hello,

I'm using the "Mark Forums Read" with the node icon. Perhaps it's by design, but does anyone else find it weird that when you use that to mark a forum/node as read, it takes you to that node afterward?

Defeats the purpose of using the icon to mark it read, since if I wanted to go into the node, I could just mark it read from in there.

Marking it read should really just leave you on the forum index.

Thoughts?
Ya it does seen a little awkward, however I'm not sure if there's an easy solution for it. Currently the way we have to do it is link to basically a link that is on that forum node. But... with that said I'll do some digging around and see if there is something I can do.

Steve

Pixel Exit Staff
It is as designed for the time being and I don't think it can be changed without a add-on. It is basically taking the stock Mark Forum Read link as if you were viewing that forum, thus once marked it returns you to the forum you were viewing.

But like @Russ said we will see if there is a work around.

Sounds good. Thanks guys for the quick response!

I don't think it's the end of the world by any means. If you can find a work around, great. If not that's fine too. I was just hoping it would be somewhat like vBulletin's old style, where you can just double-click the icon and it marks everything read. I know XF doesn't work that way, so no biggie.

Thanks again!

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.