Microsoft Edge and log in form

Discussion in 'Closed Reports' started by kaieivindm, Jul 2, 2015.

1. kaieivindm

kaieivindm Customer

Hi,

I know Windows 10 is not yet public, but its now in evaluation copy form and releasing within 28 days. Using build 10158/10159.

First attempt to log in after opening a new tab is working as intended.

But...
    If the forum is open in a tab for a while, it seems like Edge gives me trouble signing in. When I open the sign in form and press username/password and log on, it kicks me back to the forum frontpage without being logged in.

Don't know if its EDGE issue or Xenforo - but would just make sure its out there.

Think for now its the new log on overlay used by Xenbase. But will test with xenforo default later today.
    Also made a report on xenforo.com on the same issue:
    https://xenforo.com/community/threads/microsoft-edge-and-log-in-form.100669/#post-952915

Thanks!

2. kaieivindm

kaieivindm Customer

Seems like its only my site that does this @Russ and @Steve

Tried to reproduce with xenforo.com and pixelexit.com and it didnt happen.

And I am using the same log on overlay as pixelexit.com.

3. Russ

Russ Designer

Can you go to:

Style Properties -> Login Bar -> Uncheck the Alternate Login Form option, see if it's something else on the site aside from our custom login form(since it works fine here)

4. kaieivindm

kaieivindm Customer

Thanks @Russ ! Will check it out in my UAT env first off this weekend.

Happy 4th of July!

Steve likes this.
  5. kaieivindm

kaieivindm Customer

Seems like this is not happening in UAT, with Xenforo 1.5.0 and Xenbase 1.4.8. ?!?

6. Russ

Russ Designer

So is it all working right now? May of been a build issue that's been corrected.

7. kaieivindm

kaieivindm Customer

Might be, still happens sometimes on the prod site. With Windows 10 build 10166.
    But not on the UAT, with newever Xenforo version and Xenbase.

Will check it as it go further on in development, and keep you guys posted.

Russ likes this.
  8. kaieivindm

kaieivindm Customer

OK - after today, I am quite sure its either Xenbase 1.4.5 or Xenforo 1.4.8 that is not working as intended with EDGE.

UAT = Xenforo 1.5.0 Beta 2 and Xenbase 1.4.8 = Working always, and can log in even if the tab has been opened for a long time.
    PROD = Xenforo 1.4.8 and Xenbase 1.4.5 = after a while (dont know how long) the login does not work

I will however upgrade to Xenbase 1.4.8 in PROD this week, can give more feedback then. But either way, its not happening at all in my UAT env.

Russ likes this.
  9. Russ

Russ Designer

Not too far off from going live on Windows 10 so I'll be able to help a little more :)

10. Russ

Russ Designer

I wasn't able to reproduce this over the past week at all unfortunately :(.

I'll mark this as resolved for now as I'm sure the stable version brought some well needed fixes to the browser. But keep an eye on and it and just bump this if you have trouble again.

11. kaieivindm

kaieivindm Customer

Sorry, totally forgot to update you guys on this one.
    The problem went away with upgrading PROD site to Xenforo 1.4.10 and Xenbase 1.4.8.

And dont have it in UAT with 1.5 either. So whatever caused it, its gone. Might be new version of Edge as well.

Russ likes this.

Let's work together on your next project

Contact us today to talk about how we can help you