I am not sure if this would be any help, but I am just pasting the CSS overrides I have done in EXTRA.css to fix cases which I believe design issues. Hopefully they'll be solved in the core, if you guys think they are bugs.

I have added comment for each cases below to tell, why I was thinking they were bugs

1. Remove white space around the Sub-forums block and Thread List block (in forum_view)
Code:
.XenBase #content .sectionHeaders, .XenBase #content .subHeading {
    margin: 0px;
}
.XenBase #content .discussionList.section.sectionMain {
    padding: 0px;
}
.XenBase #content .node.primaryContent {
    padding-top: 0px !important;
    padding-bottom: 0px !important;
}
2. A typo, I believe, in these two classes, border-bottom-right-radius was set to 4px instead of border-top-right-radius
Code:
.XenBase #content .sectionHeaders, .XenBase #content .subHeading {
    border-top-right-radius: 4px;
    border-bottom-right-radius: 0px;
}
3. Making profile post meta smaller
Code:
.messageSimple .comment .commentControls, .messageSimple .messageMeta {
    font-size: 12px !important;
}
.messageSimple .comment .commentControls {
    margin-top: 10px !important;
}
4. Make profile post font size same as the reply font size
Code:
.messageSimple .messageContent {
    font-size: 14px;
}
5. The Facebook login button breaks into to line (bug reported), hence just made all social login button full width as normal login button
Code:
#xb_eAuthUnit {
    max-width: none;
}
6. In my opinion, reply blocks (to profile posts) should span 100% width
Code:
.messageSimple .messageResponse {
    max-width: none !important;
}

Last edited:
And here are my results:

1 & 2
Before Change:
upload_2017-2-5_8-51-39.png

upload_2017-2-5_8-56-47.png

After Change:
upload_2017-2-5_8-46-26.png

upload_2017-2-5_8-57-29.png

3 & 4
Before Change:
upload_2017-2-5_8-59-31.png

After Change:
upload_2017-2-5_8-59-7.png

Before Change:
upload_2017-2-5_9-2-22.png

After Change:
upload_2017-2-5_9-1-38.png

Before Change:
upload_2017-2-5_9-5-42.png

After Change:
upload_2017-2-5_9-6-30.png

In addition to @abdfahim 's code suggestions I had to add

Code:
.XenBase #content .discussionList.section {
}
as well as

Code:
.XenBase #content .section.sectionMain.searchResults {
}
in order to eliminate the white space on the search result and the New posts pages.

Last edited:
@abdfahim I will say this since joining the Pixel Exit Family last week you have provided a lot of useful information in helping @Russ and @Steve find little quarks in the styles and bringing them to their attention (y)
Thanks, it was completely my pleasure. Those were very small things which they would solve in seconds :). Also I think I owe them that much even if I could save few seconds, after their wonderful support and top-notch products :).

In addition to
Code:
.XenBase #content .section.sectionMain.searchResults {
}
Oh yaa, good one. Applying that right now.

Just a note, last night I realized that we should not put "margin: 0px;" in those two styles, that causes alignment issues in other places (for example, AndyB's Similar Threads block while opening a new thread). Also, only setting zero padding is enough. So should be like

Code:
.XenBase #content .discussionList.section.sectionMain, .XenBase #content .section.sectionMain.searchResults {
}
Pretty much sure @Russ noticed that (most probably that's why he said, "or my own version" .. :D)

Just a note, last night I realized that we should not put "margin: 0px;" in those two styles, that causes alignment issues in other places (for example, AndyB's Similar Threads block while opening a new thread). Also, only setting zero padding is enough. So should be like

.XenBase #content .discussionList.section.sectionMain, .XenBase #content .section.sectionMain.searchResults {
}
@thomas1 I found another block where the same fix is necessary (New Posts section). And till @Russ fixes, I guess only below is enough to correct everything. (no need to target one by one like the above quote)

Code:
.XenBase #content .discussionList.section {
}

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
Alright so...

1.) The white spaces around the discussion areas + nodes in forum_view have been adjusted. I lightened the avatar background slightly as I didn't like the blend between the background and the page bg. This of course can be adjusted via: Style Properties -> [XB] Discussion List -> Avatar Block

2.) This border radius was placed wrong here: Style Properties -> Building Blocks -> SubHeading

3.) I'm going to leave this the same size the manual CSS can be used though as you have above.

4.) The message profile posts now inherit the xb_fontsizes, previously was not.

5.) This is adjusted, between the font size + the width of it it was causing a line break.

6.) I'm not going to span these 100% by default, we'll take the default XF approach and leave the max-width on them. But... you can still use your manual CSS of course.

Alright so...

1.) The white spaces around the discussion areas + nodes in forum_view have been adjusted. I lightened the avatar background slightly as I didn't like the blend between the background and the page bg. This of course can be adjusted via: Style Properties -> [XB] Discussion List -> Avatar Block

2.) This border radius was placed wrong here: Style Properties -> Building Blocks -> SubHeading

3.) I'm going to leave this the same size the manual CSS can be used though as you have above.

5.) This is adjusted, between the font size + the width of it it was causing a line break.

6.) I'm not going to span these 100% by default, we'll take the default XF approach and leave the max-width on them. But... you can still use your manual CSS of course.
Looks like someone has been busy.

Alright so...

Thanks a lot, @Russ. Happily waiting for the gold release :).

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.