QenTox

Customer
Hi Russ,

first of all I would like to thank you for Core. I really like it. The best style made for XenForo! After using it for a while I want to share my opinion:

1. Is there any chance to have the Sign Up button from the default XenForo? This style is awesome, but the Sign Up button just doesn't suit it in my opinion. Those strikes doesn't look very well with this style.
  2. URL links are not visible in this Style :( They are black as the ordinary text. In default XenForo style text is black and links are blue. By links I mean this: QenTox XenForo etc. Here it is clearly visible. Links are red, but in core text is black and links too. Users need to somehow recognize the links when they read the text.
  3. I am not sure if is achievable or not, but would be really nice to have my email notifications in my Core colors. Now when you get notified about new posts, conversation, etc. they are in default XenForo Style. Is it possible to make those emails black and blue?
I am trying to do everything myself without anyones help in XenForo. It is made easy to manage even for newbies like me. I purchased license + branding removal, but I didn't find (get) the info how to remove the branding. Could you please help me out? Thanks!

1.) You can revert the styling on the sign up button by simply going to : Style Properties -> Buttons -> Sign up Container and Inner, reverting it will bring it back to stock XenForo button except for the coloring, as core uses it's own color palette.

2.) Head to Style Properties -> Message Elements -> User Generator Links, you can add styling here, I'll add some in the next release for Core.

3.) Are you referring to the alert balloons by chance? If so head to Style Properties -> header and navigation -> Alert Balloon/Arrow, that should let you pick the color.

As for branding removal, it's manual you'll need to go into the footer and remove the line like, just do a CTRL-F for pixelexit, let me know if you need anything else.

3.) Are you referring to the alert balloons by chance? If so head to Style Properties -> header and navigation -> Alert Balloon/Arrow, that should let you pick the color.

No I mean emails :) When you are watching thread (forum) and new post is in that thread (forum) you are notified by email. Same goes, when someone stars a conversation with you or you receive a new message in conversation. You are notified by email about it. And that email is in XenForo colors (light blue and orange). I think it should be possible to change those colors in email to match Core style :)

Thanks a lot Russ for the rest, will try out everything soon and let you know if I run into any issues.

No I mean emails :) When you are watching thread (forum) and new post is in that thread (forum) you are notified by email. Same goes, when someone stars a conversation with you or you receive a new message in conversation. You are notified by email about it. And that email is in XenForo colors (light blue and orange). I think it should be possible to change those colors in email to match Core style :)

Thanks a lot Russ for the rest, will try out everything soon and let you know if I run into any issues.

Got you, I think it uses a standard template for the email, see this post, it's the second one by Jake.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/email-styling.21171/

That should help you color it as well I believe.

I also include here my problem with TaigaChat Pro. Shoutbox is not visible on homepage (forum list) while I am using your style. When I switch to Default Style everything is just fine.

ust to make it easier for you. I followed these instructions here:
  1. Upload contents of upload folder to forum root.
  2. Install new addon using addon-TaigaChat.xml.
  3. Set the permissions for all relevant user groups.
  4. For full width above/below forum list: in the forum_list template, before or after (personal preference) <xen:if is="{$renderedNodes}"><xen:include template="node_list" /></xen:if> add <xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_alt" />
I also disabled all other add-ons to make sure it is not them causing problems.

Is it possible to include this in the next Core release? I believe more customers would aprreciate something like this to happen :)

Yep it will :)

I also include here my problem with TaigaChat Pro.Shoutbox is not visible on homepage (forum list) while I am using your style. When I switch to Default Style everything is just fine.

ust to make it easier for you. I followed these instructions here:
  1. Upload contents of upload folder to forum root.
  2. Install new addon using addon-TaigaChat.xml.
  3. Set the permissions for all relevant user groups.
  4. For full width above/below forum list: in the forum_list template, before or after (personal preference) <xen:if is="{$renderedNodes}"><xen:include template="node_list" /></xen:if> add <xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_alt" />
I also disabled all other add-ons to make sure it is not them causing problems.

This is strange because in forum_list the hook it's referencing too is still there:

<xen:hook name="forum_list_nodes">
<xen:if is="{$renderedNodes}"><xen:include template="node_list" /></xen:if>
</xen:hook>

I haven't had it reported before however I'll take a closer look at it this weekend. Do you by chance have any customizations done to forum_list?

Actually I only had Xen Media Gallery from Chris Deeming, but I disabled it to see if this is causing the issue, but it didn't help. As I said, when I switched to default XenForo style all worked well.

Try adding this into extra.css for the first one:

Code:
.member_view .profilePage .mast {
    padding-right: 8px;
    width: 193px;
}
For the sidebar you'll need to adjust it via style properties:
Style Properties -> Sidebar, change the width there, I think 252 will do it.
And for the last one I'll need to look into it, running out the door currently.

Russ, where is the problem, please? All the add-ons are disabled, so why does this style behave like this? Will this be fixed in the next release coming out Tuesday?

Did you find out during the weekend, why the TaigaChat Pro is not displaying above (below) the forum list?

Are all these problem I am experiencing related to the beta state of Core for XenForo 1.2 or is it something else?

It could be, I haven't been able to reproduce the chat problem yet sadly :(,

In regards to the gallery there's two things you can use to fix.... it basically isn't an error but comes down to what you can fit in the content area.

You can increase the max-width of the style but it would have to do to around 1155px which you can do in Style Properties -> General -> Page Width Controller increase it there.

Or you'd need to adjust the dimensions in the Xen Gallery options, 250px is too wide for a 990px layout to have a 3 column.

Chat is actully very important for me and I have no idea, why it is not working with your style and working with default XenForo :( Do you want me to grant you admin access? Or send you the pro version?

Chat is actully very important for me and I have no idea, why it is not working with your style and working with default XenForo :( Do you want me to grant you admin access? Or send you the pro version?

You could get in trouble for distributing it you can PC me an admin account login with just appearance privileges if you want, I can take a look now.

UnreadPostCounts.png

Russ for some reason unread post count is ok in XenForo default style, but not displaying correctly in Core :(

Code:
.selected .tabLinks .blockLinksList li #unreadPostsCount .itemCount {
margin-top: -25px;
margin-left: 7px;
}
This is the code for Core, please use the most recent version of the Addon, it fixed the drop down, where it use the following code:
Code:
.JsOnly .blockLinksList li #unreadPostsCount .itemCount {
    margin: 0px;
}

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back