Navigation User Bar Issue

Discussion in 'Closed Reports' started by Zynektic, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Zynektic

Zynektic Customer

Bug Report Details:

I did a fresh install of XenForo 1.5 and Fusion Gamer 1.5 on a test board and live board. I did the following steps as below:
    • Appearance > Fusion Gamer Properties > Disable User Card
    • Appearance > [XB] Header and Navigation > Untick 'Enable Top User Bar'
    The first one adds the account / inbox / alerts to the navigation and then doing the second to remove the duplicate from the moderation bar also removes it from the navigation bar.

I went through all of the Style Properties settings ticking and unticking the other options for anything related to this including Login Bar and unless 'Enable Top User Bar' is ticked, it will not show the navigation user bar.

Note: I copied the settings exactly from my live board where it works without it working with the new update. I had previous version with it working before overwriting, however my navigation template is outdated until Russ takes a look so is it related to that in the new files?

Any ideas?

2. Russ

Russ Designer

It appears I fudge the conditional for Fusion Gamer in the latest update.

If you're using the default navigation position and your user menu isn't showing...

Open navigation:
    find:
    Code:
    Copy Source
    <xen:if is="@xb_user_bar OR @xb_user_panel_header OR !@fusiongamer_usercard">

Replace with:

Code:
    Copy Source
    <xen:if is="!@xb_user_bar OR @xb_user_panel_header">

Again this is if you ONLY want to use the user navigation in the default spot.

Zynektic likes this.
  3. Zynektic

Zynektic Customer

Cheers!

Russ likes this.
  4. Russ

Russ Designer

Sleepy time as that drove me off the wall figuring out why my fix wasn't work :D

5. Zynektic

Zynektic Customer

Yes, we have probably all been there on what the issue was lol

6. Russ

Russ Designer

Ok so... I approached this slightly differently in 1.5.1. I honestly don't know why I didn't think of this method earlier :).

By default now the moderator user bar is turned OFF (never should of been shipped out with it on), fusion gamer card is on and works on all pages with all sub-navs.

7. Russ

Russ Designer

Last note... with the amount of options XenBase has and Fusion Gamers Added panel you obviously won't be able to run XenBase User Panel along with Fusion Gamers user card. I could add extra checks but it would cause more hassle than what it's worth.

Let's work together on your next project

Contact us today to talk about how we can help you