New Add-on | Thread Reply Notices (Feedback)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Steve

Steve Designer

We needed something here for a few areas that notified some users of important information when replying. @Russ came up with a good idea and so I decided to bring it to life with a bit more than just a couple template edits. What started off as a simple add-on turned into a full blown 'Thread Reply Notices' add-on :)

You can see it in action in here or here (you need to own a style or add-on license) in any thread under the quick reply editor or create a thread. ;)

upload_2016-4-18_22-37-17.png

You can place the notices above or below, and you're not limited on the amount (though I wouldn't recommend a ton :p).
    upload_2016-4-18_22-37-41.png

Options
    upload_2016-4-18_22-39-8.png

If there is enough interest I'll see about possibly releasing this add-on. Any feedback is appreciated as well!

2. Steve

Steve Designer

I thought more of you would find a use for this add-on. Or maybe you all missed the post? :D

3. Bionic Rooster

Bionic Rooster Well-Known Member

I'd be interested :)

Steve likes this.
  4. kaieivindm

kaieivindm Customer

Like the idea, just that I have no use for it... But I am just a little fish in a very big pond...

Steve likes this.
  5. Ashley.S.

Ashley.S. Customer

Could be very useful for some things. Would be even more useful if you could change the notice on a per-forum basis and display it elsewhere too e.g. new thread or hooked into a forum notice or something :)

Russ likes this.
  6. Alfa1

Alfa1 Customer

I'm sure we would use this in about 50 ways.

Steve and Russ like this.
  7. gaasg

gaasg Customer

Oh I can think of 50 aswell, would definitely buy if this is released.

Steve likes this.
  8. Mason K.

Mason K. Well-Known Member

Any ETA?

9. Steve

Steve Designer

Oops missed your post @Mason K.

Don't have an ETA but the add-on is working here fine so only thing really to do is tidy it up and release.

eva2000 likes this.
  10. gaasg

gaasg Customer

it's been a while, any updates on this or has it been abandoned for release?

11. Steve

Steve Designer

There were some hurdles (difficulties) with it that I can't seem to work around so yeah it kind has been put off but I will revisit soon.

Edward Black and gaasg like this.

Let's work together on your next project

Contact us today to talk about how we can help you