bosss

Registered
Just upgraded to xenforo 1.5.14 and get some outdated templates - will attach picture.

Have you some solution?

regards

bosss

Attachments

• xenforo_update.png
    xenforo_update.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 20
forum_list isn't edited on XenBase or any of our styles, not sure why you may be showing that as outdated. Need to open it up and click "view custom changes"

The XenBase ones just wait for the update, it's rolling out today.

Hello

This is forum_list template - default style

Code:
    <xen:h1>{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:h1>

<xen:container var="$head.canonical"><link rel="canonical" href="{xen:link 'canonical:forums'}" /></xen:container>
    <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.boardDescription}"><xen:container var="$head.description">
        <meta name="description" content="{$xenOptions.boardDescription}" /></xen:container></xen:if>
    <xen:container var="$head.openGraph">
        <xen:include template="open_graph_meta">
            <xen:set var="$url">{xen:link 'canonical:forums'}</xen:set>
            <xen:set var="$title">{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:set>
            <xen:set var="$description">{$xenOptions.boardDescription}</xen:set>
            <xen:set var="$ogType">website</xen:set>
        </xen:include></xen:container>

<xen:hook name="forum_list_nodes">
    <xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_alt" />
        <xen:if is="{$renderedNodes}"><xen:include template="node_list" /></xen:if>
        <xen:if is="!{$xenOptions.peUserGroupLegendSidebar}">
            <xen:include template="pe_forum_stats" />
        </xen:if>
    </xen:hook>

<xen:sidebar>
        <xen:edithint template="sidebar.css" />

<xen:hook name="forum_list_sidebar">
            <xen:if is="{$canViewMemberList}">
                <xen:include template="sidebar_online_users" />

<xen:if is="{$threads}">
                <div class="section threadList">
                    <div class="secondaryContent">
                        <h3><a href="{xen:link find-new/posts}" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase new_posts}</a></h3>
                        <h3><a href="{xen:link find-new/posts}">{xen:phrase new_posts}</a></h3>
                        <xen:include template="sidebar_new_posts" />
                    </div>
                </div>

<xen:if is="{$profilePosts}">
                <div class="section profilePostList">
                    <div class="secondaryContent">
                        <h3><a href="{xen:link find-new/profile-posts}" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase new_profile_posts}</a></h3>
                        <h3><a href="{xen:link find-new/profile-posts}">{xen:phrase new_profile_posts}</a></h3>
                        <xen:include template="sidebar_profile_post_list" />
                    </div>
                </div>

<!-- block: forum_stats -->
            <div class="section">
                <div class="secondaryContent statsList" id="boardStats">
                    <h3>{xen:phrase forum_statistics}</h3>
                    <div class="pairsJustified">
                        <dl class="discussionCount"><dt>{xen:phrase discussions}:</dt>
                            <dd>{xen:number $boardTotals.discussions}</dd></dl>
                        <dl class="messageCount"><dt>{xen:phrase messages}:</dt>
                            <dd>{xen:number $boardTotals.messages}</dd></dl>
                        <dl class="memberCount"><dt>{xen:phrase members_count}:</dt>
                            <dd>{xen:number $boardTotals.users}</dd></dl>
                        <dl><dt>{xen:phrase latest_member}:</dt>
                            <dd><xen:username user="$boardTotals.latestUser" /></dd></dl>
                        <!-- slot: forum_stats_extra -->
                    </div>
                </div>
            </div>
            <!-- end block: forum_stats -->

<xen:include template="sidebar_share_page">
                <xen:set var="$url">{xen:link canonical:forums}</xen:set>
            </xen:include>

</xen:hook>
    </xen:sidebar>

some code lines is green and some red color.
green:
Code:
<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_alt" />

<xen:if is="!{$xenOptions.peUserGroupLegendSidebar}">
<xen:include template="pe_forum_stats" />

red:

Code:
    <h3><a href="{xen:link find-new/posts}" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase new_posts}</a></h3>

<h3><a href="{xen:link find-new/profile-posts}" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase new_profile_posts}</a></h3>

regards

bosss

Ya so essentially what it's telling you is that the green is code you've added yourself. The red is cod that is missing/different from the parent. In this case on those two links 1.5.14 added:

Code:
 rel="nofollow"

So to update it you can just add that to the links and click save and exit. The other option would be simply too revert the template and re-apply the edit you made previously (your green text above). In this case I'd just make the link adjustment and click save and exit though.

You mean first revert (merge) and after that add green codes?

I am not so expert for those edits. In fusion gamer and gamer time also same process?

regards

bosss

For your case I would just change these:

Code:
   <h3><a href="{xen:link find-new/posts}">{xen:phrase new_posts}</a></h3>

<h3><a href="{xen:link find-new/profile-posts}">{xen:phrase new_profile_posts}</a></h3>

Into this:

Code:

Then hit save and exit.

Hey @Russ I just updated to the latest version (not thinking about the style compatibility) and I've got a somewhat customized version of core going. I saw you have an updated version out (great!). But if I update, will all my color and layout changes be overridden? Also, do I have a choice as to whether or not I update that theme (will it work without)?

Thanks!

Hey @Russ I just updated to the latest version (not thinking about the style compatibility) and I've got a somewhat customized version of core going. I saw you have an updated version out (great!). But if I update, will all my color and layout changes be overridden? Also, do I have a choice as to whether or not I update that theme (will it work without)?

Thanks!

Are all your changes inside a child style? If so your changes should be preserved through the upgrade. Best recommendation is to simply export your styles prior to upgrading, so you can fall back if you need to.

Are all your changes inside a child style? If so your changes should be preserved through the upgrade. Best recommendation is to simply export your styles prior to upgrading, so you can fall back if you need to.
@Russ Ok, I did that (exporting).

Now I've backed up, and done the install moving over the /xenbase folder to overwrite the current one.

It seems like the next step is to import the file. However, when I go to import, and select the Import As: Overwrite Style option, and select Xenbase; It comes back with an error saying please upload a valid xml file. Where did I go wrong?

Last edited:
@Russ Ok, I did that (exporting).

Now I've backed up, and done the install moving over the /xenbase folder to overwrite the current one.

It seems like the next step is to import the file. However, when I go to import, and select the Import As: Overwrite Style option, and select Xenbase; It comes back with an error saying please upload a valid xml file. Where did I go wrong?

If you want to provide a login via a ticket I can take a look. It shouldn't be saying that.

https://pixelexit.com/link-forums/new-ticket.81/

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back